File a Insurance Company Complaint
Consumer complaints against insurance companies must be received in writing. There are two ways you may submit a complaint to the IDOI. You may file a complaint using our on-line form or you may print off our form and mail or fax to the Consumer Services Division. (If you are a health care provider, please use the Provider Complaint Form.)
Attn: Consumer Services Division
311 W. Washington Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2787
- Your complaint is processed within 72 hours of receipt.
- You will receive a confirmation letter from the Consumer Services Division acknowledging the receipt of your complaint. On this confirmation letter your problem report number is listed along with your Consumer Consultants name that is handling your file. Please refer to this Problem Report number for any further correspondence to the Divsion regarding your complaint.
- Your complaint along with a letter from the IDOI is mailed to the insurance company the complaint is against. By Indiana law, the insurance company has 20 business days to respond in writing back to the IDOI.
- After receipt of the response, the IDOI will send you a copy of the company's response along with our response or recommendation.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center