Application to Become a Navigator Precertification Education (PE) Provider
- Navigator PE Provider Application/Renewal Application
- Subscription to Vertafore/Sircon
- NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE OF NAVIGATOR PRECERTIFICATION EDUCATION TRAINING RESOURCES (1/19/18)
- IMPORTANT NOTICE (2/22/18) - RENEWAL OF HEALTHY INDIANA PLAN (HIP)
Any insurance trade association, accredited college or university, educational organization, or Application Organization, may apply to become an Indiana Navigator precertification education (PE) provider. A Navigator PE provider application or renewal must be submitted at least thirty (30) days prior to the course start date. Applications are reviewed by the IDOI Education Advisory Council, which meets publically the second Thursday of each month. Notices of a public hearing are posted on the IDOI Home page. Approval of a Navigator PE provider is valid for two (2) years from the date of approval. A provider's contact information and expiration date may be viewed by doing an Approved Providers Inquiry.
- Navigator PE Provider Application (for both new application and renewal)
NOTE: A Navigator PE Program Director or Instructor applying or renewing outside of the time for application or renewal of the program, must submit the page of the application pertaining to the Director (page 2 only) or Instructor (page 3 only) along with the required application fee ($25 for a Director and $10 for an Instructor).
- A completed application must be mailed to: Indiana Department of Insurance, 311 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2787.
- Application must include: One (1) original set of all documentation; a check or money order for the total amount of fees ($50.00 provider application fee; $25.00 director fee; $10.00 instructor fee, per instructor); course content outline/agenda; and text material. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Indiana Department of Insurance or IDOI. No cash payments will be accepted.
- View Navigator PE Course Criteria and Resources
- View 760 IAC 4-8 - Navigator Precertification Education Program Requirements
Once a Navigator PE provider is approved, the provider must subscribe to Vertafore/Sircon. This will allow the provider to enter course dates, locations, and update contact information for the course that is viewable online to the public. This will also allow the provider to generate course certificates of completion for Indiana Navigator applicants and submit updated course materials to IDOI.
Back to Top
NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE OF NAVIGATOR PRECERTIFICATION EDUCATION TRAINING RESOURCES. Effective January 19, 2018, the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI) is discontinuing its Navigator precertification education (PE) training resources available to Navigator PE providers offering Navigator PE courses in order to align with IDOI goals and priorities for Navigator precertification education. The training resources being discontinued include the Indiana Navigator Training Resource Manual, Version 3.0 (last updated January 2017) and four (4) Indiana Navigator Training Resource Modules (last updated January 2017).
IDOI Navigator PE training resources may no longer be submitted with new or renewal Navigator PE provider applications. Applicants must submit new and updated course materials that adhere to IC 27-19-4-11, 760 IAC 4-8 and the Indiana Navigator Subject Matter Content Outline. Past training resources published by IDOI may be used for developing new and updated course materials.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - RENEWAL OF HEALTHY INDIANA PLAN (HIP). On February 2, 2018, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb joined HHS Secretary Alex Azar to announce CMS approval of the continuation and enhancement of the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) through 2020. See the announcement, HIP renewal summary, FAQs and other useful materials regarding the HIP renewal online at www.in.gov/fssa/hip/2583.htm. In addition, IDOI has released the following two HIP training slides in the “Education Providers” section of the IDOI website at www.in.gov/idoi/2823.htm. These HIP training slides may be used by education providers as resources for developing new HIP continuing education (CE) courses for Navigators, as well as for supplemental materials for updating existing Navigator CE and precertification education (PE) courses. posted 2/22/18
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center