How to make a claim
How do I make a title insurance claim?
As soon as you discover any title-related problem that could impair your ownership rights, contact the title insurance company listed on your owner's title insurance policy, and have your policy number available.
You should make claims in writing and include copies of all relevant documents, such as payment demands and correspondence relating to the title dispute or claim. Keep copies of everything for your own personal records. The title insurer should promptly acknowledge receipt of your claim, and you should expect the title insurance company to accept or deny your claim in a reasonable amount of time.
IDOI regulates title insurance companies and title insurance agencies authorized to do business in Indiana. You can file a complaint with us if you feel a title insurer or agency has acted in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center