Transferring a title
Why is transferring title to real estate different from other ownership transfers, such as the transfer of title to a car?
Land is permanent, although land usage can change over time. A landowner can transfer various rights from the title, such as mineral, water or utility rights while still maintaining title to the property. If you are considering a purchase of vacant land, for example, you should consider its history to determine possible unacceptable prior usage (i.e., landfill, pollution, etc.). You and your lender should search the title for any defects or unacceptable encumbrances.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center