Adding a New Line of Authority to an Existing Indiana Resident License
A producer that wants to sell a line of insurance that was not included on their initial license must complete the same requirements as a first time licensee. Please note that adding a new line of authority to a license does not affect the original date of expiration nor renew the license.
- To search for pre-licensing education courses click here and then the link "Approved Courses Inquiry".
- Complete the Pre-licensing education course.
- Pass the Licensing Exam. Register/Schedule an Exam.
- All exams are taken at Ivy Tech locations. To register and schedule an exam click here. If issues arise with online registration or scheduling, please call the Performance Assessment Network (PAN) at (877) 449-8378 or email IDOI_Support@panpowered.com.
- Submit a paper or online application and fee of $40.00.
To apply for a license online through Sircon click here and then the link "Apply for a License".
To print out a paper application, please go to http://www.nipr.com/licensing and click the "Paper Licensing - Resident" link on the right hand side of the page under "Helpful Links". With a paper application, the fee must be submitted in the form of a check or money order made out to the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI). To apply for a license online through NIPR click the Resident link under "Apply for a New License".