Until further notice, and in conjunction with the governor’s Executive Orders relating to COVID-19, the IDOI encourages the use of trackable mail and package services to file medical malpractice pleadings or submit Patient’s Compensation Fund settlements. If in-person filing or delivery is an absolute necessity, an appointment to drop of any materials must be scheduled in advance. For medical malpractice filings, contact La-Tashia Harrison at (317) 232-5253. For PCF settlements or other documents, contact Kaleigh Dilts at (317) 232-0143. Masks are required for in-office appointments.
The Medical Malpractice division oversees the qualification of health care providers in the Patient's Compensation Fund under Indiana’s Medical Malpractice Act. This includes collecting surcharges, maintaining files of medical malpractice actions and records of qualified providers, and receiving proposed complaints. The Department cannot provide legal advice to parties involved; therefore, it is up to each party to advance or defend its own claim. Any questions or concerns may be directed to Meghann Leaird, Director of Dedicated Funds, at MeLeaird@idoi.IN.gov.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center