This facility is managed and operated by the GEO Group
Chief of Security
Deputy Warden of Finance & Administration
Janet Ploeger (Interim)
HIRE Coordinator (Region 5A)
Transitional Healthcare Facilitator (PD 3)
(317) 839-2513 ext. 2108
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging Officer
(317) 839-7751 ext. 5036
More Contact Information
This facility is managed and operated by the GEO Group.
Mailing Address for Incarcerated Individuals
727 Moon Road, Plainfield, IN 46168
Please refer to the IDOC visitation page to find the most current information regarding visits.
Requests for general in-person legal visits between attorneys and Incarcerated Individuals must be made to the facility where the Incarcerated Individuals is housed. Attorney/Incarcerated Individuals visit requests are being scheduled and will continue as long as it is safe to do so on a facility-by-facility
basis. Based on the conditions of each facility, they are subject to being postponed or rescheduled. A reliable alternative to an in-person attorney/Incarcerated Individuals visit is to schedule a confidential phone call. Incarcerated Individuals must have the attorney's phone number added to their approved
telephone list. All calls are to be 'collect calls' unless the Incarcerated Individuals utilizes prepaid minutes.
- We are looking to start an anger management class. We have the facilitator's book, the DVDs for the class, and worksheets for the participants.
- Mentors are needed to offer guidance to our population.
- Tutors are needed for students in the GED program. We have tutoring on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays from 10a-1p, but volunteers can come to whichever sessions they choose. Volunteers will aid in classes for math, English, science, and history.
- Volunteers are needed for the PLUS program core classes. These classes center around character-building topics, and all the materials and instruction are provided.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Please contact the Community Engagement Coordinator if you are interested in volunteering or donating. For general volunteer information, please visit the IDOC Volunteer page.
Community Advisory Board Meetings are held in January and July
These meetings consist of community advisory board members (CAB). A list of members can be found HERE
The Indiana Department of Correction offers a wide selection of programming, courses, and activities based on both facility and offender need, as well as available resources. Listed below are several current programming opportunities available at the facility. While staff leads some, many are volunteer-driven. If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, please visit our volunteer page. For more information on these programs and/or a complete listing of the programs the IDOC offers, please visit the IDOC Programs page.
- Thinking for a Change
- Purposeful Living Units Serve (PLUS) Program
- United States Department of Labor Apprenticeship Programs
- Recovery While Incarcerated
- Standard Pre-Release Orientation Program (SPOP)
- Life Skills Programming
- Anger Management
- Healthy Relationships
- Wellness Programming
- Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC)
- Master Student Master Employee
- Building Trades
- Culinary Arts
- Business Tech
- CLA/CLT Logistics
Warden: Donald Emerson
About Heritage Trail Correctional Facility:
In 2010, The GEO Group, Inc. was awarded a contract to operate the Short-Term Offender Program (STOP) facility by the Indiana Department of Correction. The facility's name was officially changed to Heritage Trail Correctional Facility in 2015. The facility sits on the grounds of the former Indiana Boys School and Plainfield Re-Entry Educational Facility in Plainfield, Indiana. The original grounds still showcases the red fire kiln brick housing units and administration building. Heritage Trail is a minimum-security facility, with a maximum capacity of more than 1,000, which provides dormitory housing that fosters personal responsibility and community participation among the population.
Heritage Trail Correctional Facility | 501 W. Main Street, Plainfield, Indiana 46168 | (317) 839-7751