In 1983, recognizing the importance of the Division of Supplier Diversity (MBE/WBE/IVOSBs) participation in state purchases, Public Law 34 (I.C. 4-13-16.5) created the Governor's Commission on Minority Business Development, which is now the Governor's Commission on Supplier Diversity. The Commission's mandate is to explore opportunities and implement activities that will enable MBE/WBE and Indiana Veteran Owned Small Businesses (IVOSBs) to fully participate in the procurement system.
Commission members actively work to cultivate an environment that provides contracting opportunities for minorities and women across the State of Indiana. Member appointments are four year terms. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Being advocates for MBE/WBE and IVOSBs goals in state contracting
- Active in their region to promote MBE/WBE and IVOSBs
- Keep abreast of information that would assist the state in achieving the MBE/WBE and IVOSBs goals
- Oversight of the Division of Supplier Diversity as it relates to duties, goals and objections to assure compliance with state and federal legislation and policy concerning the awarding of contracts to the Division of Supplier Diversity as well as Indiana Veteran Owned Small Businesses
- Establishment of annual MBE/WBE and IVOSBs goals
- Oversight of a disparity study which provides statistical analysis of utilization of state contracts every five years
The Governor's Commission on Supplier Diversity meets at least four times a year. The meetings are free and open to the public. Review the upcoming commission meeting schedule to plan your meeting participation for the year.
The commission meeting minutes are recorded for each Governor's Commission on Supplier Diversity meeting.
The Report of the Governor's Commission on Supplier Diversity
The statute, I.C. 4-13-16.5-2 (f)(9), specifies that a report is to be provided to the governor and the legislative council, describing the visions, aims, and activities of the Commission. The Report of the Governor's Commission on Supplier Diversity is required to prepare a review of the Commission to be submitted to the governor and the legislative council on March 1 and October 1 of each year.
March 1, 2022
March 1, 2022
October 1, 2022
March 1, 2021
October 1, 2021
March 1, 2020
October 1, 2020
March 1, 2019
October 1, 2019
October 1, 2018