Certify Your Business
New Certification >>
The Division of Supplier Diversity cannot accept applications missing the required additional documentation.
The sections of the application requiring additional documentation include:
The Division of Supplier Diversity cannot accept recertification applications that do not have the required additional documentation.
Page 3 of the application specifies the required additional documentation for recertification.
Annual Updates >>
Although certification is valid for a three-year period, businesses are required to submit an Affidavit of Continuing Eligibility (ACE) form annually with any changes affecting the following:
Benefits of being Certified
As a certified minority- or woman-owned business, your company will:
- Qualify for MBE/WBE subcontracting opportunities on state contracts in Indiana, which provide for the attainment of business diversity goals
- Receive notification of state business opportunities
- Receive access to training opportunities
- Receive notice of upcoming events such as networking opportunities
- Appear in a directory of certified firms
- Qualify as an MBE/WBE for purchasing by casinos and state universities, as well as other public and private organizations
Qualifications for Certification
To qualify as a minority business enterprise or women's business enterprise, a firm must be 51 percent owned by qualifying minorities or women who:
- Possess expertise in the field
- Control the business enterprise
- Are U.S. citizens
Qualifying minority groups include Blacks, Native Americans, Latino/Hispanics, Pacific Asians, and Subcontinent Asians.
Free step-by-step training for MBE and WBE Certification is available the third Wednesday of each month for new applicants. Learn more about the certification clinic and other workshops on our News and Events webpage.
Certified minority- and women-owned businesses with requests for classification code (UNSPSC) review and amendment, must submit an Amendment Form to the division.
Minority and Women's Business Enterprises Division
402 W. Washington St., Rm W-479
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Fax: (317) 233-6921