The Indiana Department of Environmental Management is present on social media platforms to inform and engage with the public about the agency’s work to protect human health and the environment. The agency’s policy is to allow public comments on its profiles, but reserves the right to delete comments that are inaccurate, disrespectful, or defamatory. The social media platforms below are not owned by the state of Indiana and have different terms of service, privacy, and security policies. The state of Indiana is not responsible for, and does not endorse or guarantee content, availability, viewpoints, products, or services that are offered or expressed on non-IN.gov websites.
Follow IDEM on social media:
Social Media Kits
Our social media kits are free and available to anyone looking to boost their social media presence by sharing information and tips related to protecting human health and our shared environment. Each kit is composed of themed posts and images, as well as information on best social media practices. If you have any questions regarding any information within our kits or would like to give us feedback on your successful usage, please contact the digital media manager in IDEM's Central Office.
- Clean Beaches [ZIP]
- Clean Boaters [ZIP]
- Eco-Friendly Fall [ZIP]
- Go Green for Spring [ZIP]
- Green Winter Season [ZIP]
- Recycle - Know Your No's [ZIP]
- Recycle Smart [ZIP]
- Sustainable Holiday Guide [ZIP]
- Sustainable Summer [ZIP]
IDEM Social Media Operational Guidelines
- IDEM monitors its profiles and pages but is not responsible for content generated by users. Posted comments and images by the public do not represent the views of IDEM. Agency profiles and pages may contain links to other websites. The inclusion of these links does not constitute endorsement by IDEM.
- IDEM does not allow profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, nudity, defamation of character, advertising, or political campaigning on its social media pages. Such content will be removed.
- Comments with the main purpose of selling a product, infringing on copyright, and/or distributing spam (irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent to many recipients) may also be removed.
- All links posted as comments on IDEM posts will be deleted.
- Repeated violations of these operational guidelines may cause a user to be blocked from IDEM’s social media pages.
Please email questions or comments about social media to the digital media manager in IDEM's Central Office.