The Indiana Department of Environmental Management’s Office of Land Quality administers several cleanup programs, which are governed by the following laws and rules. State laws come from the Indiana Code (IC) and state rules come from the Indiana Administrative Code (IAC). Federal regulations come from the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and the United States Code (U.S.C.).
- Petroleum Releases - IC 13-24-1
- Hazardous Substances Response Trust Fund - IC 13-25-4
- Voluntary Remediation of Hazardous Substances and Petroleum - IC 13-25-5
- Risk-Based Closure - IC 13-25-5-8.5(d)(3)
- Departmental Approval of Environmental Restrictive Covenants - IC 13-14-2-8
- Modifications to Environmental Restrictive Covenants - IC 13-14-2-9(c)(3)
- Cost-Recovery for Modifications - 329 IAC 1-2-7 [PDF]
- Priority Ranking System for Hazardous Substances Response Sites - 329 IAC 7-1 [PDF]
- Indiana Spill Rule - 327 IAC 2-6.1 [PDF]
- Secondary Containment of Hazardous Materials - 327 IAC 2-10 [PDF]
- National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan - 40 CFR, Part 300
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act / Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act - 42 U.S.C. §9601
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act - 42 U.S.C. §6901 et seq
- Defense Environmental Restoration Program - 10 U.S.C. §2701
The guidance on this website does not replace the laws or rules. IDEM recommends that you use the laws and rules as your primary reference and the website to help you to apply them. Please note that the website does not supersede any other applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.