Welcome to the ICSSBM site
The ICSSBM reviews the status of Black males in five principal focus areas: Criminal Justice, Education, Employment, Health and Social Factors. Within each of these areas the Commission seeks to share best practice information, offer suggestions or recommendations and if possible engage in initiatives to serve Black males like the youth symposiums, Dad’s Expo, the Black Barbershop Health Initiative and the HIV/Aids Awareness Program. The overall goal is to improve the quality of life for Black males and to reduce the disparate statistics that are reported annually.
Unfortunately, the ICSSBM 2022 Annual Black Males Conference set for October 18, 2022, has been canceled. If you have any questions, please contact Virgil Giles firstname.lastname@example.org (317) 232-2651 or Katy Merrell email@example.com (317) 232-2601 at the Indiana Civil Rights Commission.
- Feb. 21, 2019 - Indiana Young Black Males Matter Conference with General Assembly
- Every Saturday in April - Indiana Black Barbershop Health Screen Initiative April event & follow up
- June event Thursday or Friday before Father’s Day - Fatherhood Engagement Conference/Dads Expo
- Summer Dates TBD - Black Male Second Chance Law Forums/Process Initiative
- August 2-4 Ft. Wayne and August 15th Michigan City - Million Father March/Back to School events
- Sept. 28, 2019 - Youth Empowerment Summit & Kings Feast Conference w/ Bloom Project
- Oct. 29-30, 2019 - ICSSBM Annual Conference two day event in October
- Date TBD - Annual HIV/AIDS Statewide Awareness Program
- Feb. 25, 2020 Fifth Annual Indiana Young Black Males Matter Conference
- Indiana Black Barbershop Health Initiative Saturdays in April 2020 (Postponed indefinitely)
- 2020 events and initatives have been postponed or cancelled due to the pandemic and COVID 19
- June 16, 2020 COVID 19 Precautions and Safety Measures Live event through Microsoft Teams