Fix a Marker
IHB relies on volunteers to repaint/repair worn markers in their communities, as well as to report missing and damaged markers. Click the link below to subscribe to our Marker SOS mailing list and be notified when a marker in your area needs help!
There are many ways to get involved:
- Report a damaged or missing marker online using this form
- Hunt for Markers in our Annual Marker Condition Survey
- Get your community involved.
- Sponsor an Orphaned Marker.
- Get your office, neighborhood association, school, scout program, etc. involved in the Adopt-a-Marker program as a group. Contact our staff for ideas on how to use marker repair as part of a service project or lesson plan.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Historical Bureau: 317-232-2535 or e-mail our Marker Program Manager.