Corydon United Methodist Church
Location: 214 N. Elm Street, east of the courthouse, Corydon. (Harrison County, Indiana)
This marker erected by Church Memorial Committee 1980
ID# : 31.1980.1
Marker Review Report: Learn more here.
Site of the first Methodist church, Corydon. Lot purchased from Isaiah Boone, son of Squire Boone, in 1826. Earlier, Corydon was a station on Silver Creek Methodist Circuit. Services were held in Corydon as early as 1816.