Location: 914 E. Main Street, New Albany. (Floyd County, Indiana)
Erected 1996 Indiana Historical Bureau and Friends of Culbertson Mansion.
ID# : 22.1996.2
French Second Empire Style structure. Construction began 1867 for William Stewart Culbertson (1814-1892), leading industrialist, financier, and philanthropist in New Albany area. Listed in National Register of Historic Places, 1974; accepted as state-owned historic site, 1976; part of Mansion Row Historic District, 1983.
Buildings and Architecture, Business, Industry, and Labor