Info Agency Main Banner Content
Location: SE corner of town square, SR 46/East Harrison Street & North Jackson, Hartsville. (Bartholomew County, Indiana)
Erected 1995 Indiana Historical Bureau and Cross Cliff Little Hoosiers.
ID# : 03.1995.1
Marker Review Report: Learn more here.
Original site of coeducational United Brethren school founded 1850 as Hartsville Academy by public act of Indiana General Assembly. Campus moved four blocks south, circa 1865; destroyed by fire, January 1898. Many graduates became distinguished citizens in their communities throughout the state and nation.