Location: Lafayette Road/CR 600 W, (west side of road) south of US 36, north of Armiesburg. (Parke County, Indiana)
Erected by Parke County Historical Society, 1966
ID# : 61.1966.2
So named because armies of Gen. Wm. H. Harrison (1811) and Gen. Saml. Hopkins (1812) bivouacked nearby. A busy village during waterpower days, court was held here before the county was judicially organized.
Military, Historic District, Neighborhoods, and Towns, Early Settlement and Exploration