Owen County Courthouse
Location: SW corner of courthouse lawn, Spencer. (Owen County, Indiana)
Erected 1997 Indiana Historical Bureau and Owen County Preservations, Inc.
ID# : 60.1997.1
Owen County formed by General Assembly, 1819. Spencer selected county seat, 1820. Neoclassical building, designed by Jesse T. Johnson, Indianapolis and built by Christian Kanzler & Son, Evansville (1910-1911), was second courthouse on land donated by Daniel Beem. Listed in National Register of Historic Places, 1994.
Buildings and Architecture, Government Institutions