Info Agency Main Banner Content
Location: 8465 Old SR 37 south of Central Avenue & Waverly Road, 1.5 miles south of SR 144 intersection, Whetzel Cemetery, east side of highway, Waverly. (Morgan County, Indiana)
Erected by the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Indiana, September 28, 1957
ID# : 55.1957.1
A Trail from Whitewater River at Laurel terminated here at the Bluffs of White River. Cut in 1818 by Jacob Whetzel, it was the first east-west road into central Indiana.
Transportation, Early Settlement and Exploration