Bulgarian Orthodox Church
Location: IUPUI Campus, 226 N. Blackford Street, Indianapolis. (Marion County, Indiana)
Erected 1995 Indiana Historical Bureau, Ladies Auxiliary of St. Stephen, and St. Stephen Church Members
ID# : 49.1995.1
Original site of Saint Stephan Bulgarian Orthodox Church in 1915; relocated in 1955 to 1435 North Medford Avenue. Founded by Macedonian and Bulgarian immigrants to fulfill their religious needs and enjoyment of the traditions, customs, and fellowship of their Slavonic heritage.
Religion, Immigration and Ethnic Groups