Meat Product Analysis (Chemistry)
Testing meat products determines the Protein, Fat, Moisture and Salt content to ensure that the samples comply with regulatory standards of identity.
Meat and Poultry Inspection Program (MPI)
Indiana State Board of Animal Health Meat and Poultry Division and other government agencies including other States.
Inside Indiana Contact: Mohammed Khatri email@example.com
Outside Indiana Contact: Pradip Patel firstname.lastname@example.org
No charge to Indiana governmental agencies
$150 per sample for entities outside of Indiana
The sample shall be delivered to the lab at the proper temperatures. Samples must be received below room temperature and are best received frozen.
Retail meat samples are collected in their original packaging material. We accept meat and meat related samples such as ground beef products, ground pork products, processed pork, ham, bacon, beef jerky, etc. Minimum sample weight requirement for the analysis is 1 pound for most of the products except beef jerky, which has a minimum sample weight of one quarter of a pound.
A sample should meet all following criteria before it is accepted for analysis:
- Sample must be submitted with a completed state collection report with signatures.
- The chain of custody form must be completed on the back of Sample Collection Report.
- Time and Date stamp each Sample Collection Report.
- State seal must be present on the sample or notated if absent.
- Sample should be in original manufacturer’s packing material. The sample must be delivered in satisfactory physical condition and without any leakage.
- The sample shall be delivered to the lab at the proper temperatures.
- Samples must be received below room temperature and are best received frozen.
For Indiana shipping instructions contact: Mohammed Khatri Indiana State Board of Animal Health Meat & Poultry PH: 317-544-2404 email@example.com
For outside Indiana shipping instructions contact: Pradip Patel, firstname.lastname@example.org
The report will be emailed or mailed within 21 days after receiving the sample.