Chlamydia/Gonorrhea Collection and Transport
There is no cost for this testing.
- Acceptable specimens:
- urine, minimum 1ml
- use Aptima Combo 2 Assay Urine Specimen Collection Kit, fill to between lines
- endocervical, urethral, or rectal swab, one swab per collection tube
- use Aptima Combo 2 Assay Unisex Swab Specimen Collection Kit
- vaginal swab, one swab per collection tube
- use Aptima Combo 2 Assay Vaginal Swab Specimen Collection Kit
- urine, minimum 1ml
- Specimens may be stored at refrigerated or room temperature.
- Urine must arrive at lab within 30 days of collection.
- Swabs must arrive at lab within 60 days of collection.
- Appropriate Specimen Collection Kit (see 1a-1c above)
- Shipping boxes or containers with appropriate shipping labels
- UN3373 Biological Substances, Category B shipping container
- 9A shipping container provided by IDOH
- Access to LimsNet online account for entry submission
- Properly label the specimen tube with the patient’s full legal name, date of birth, and date of collection.
- Check the expiration date on the tube to ensure product is acceptable and will continue to be acceptable once received at the IDOH Laboratory.
- Urine and swab specimen must be kept at 2-30°C. Swab specimens must be tested within 60 days of collection. Urine specimens must be tested within 30 days of collection. If longer storage is required, freeze specimen at -70°C for up to 90 days.
- Specimens are submitted to IDOH Laboratories via LimsNet. To obtain a free LimsNet account at your facility for electronic submission and results reporting, call the help desk at 888-535-0011 or email to LimsAppSupport@health.in.gov.
- Wrap the labeled specimen tube with absorbent material and place in the inner shipping canister.
- Place LimsNet submission cover page in outer container or in plastic bag to prevent contamination from specimen.
- Place the inner shipping canister and submission cover page into the outer shipping canister.
- Affix a mailing label to the outer canister with a return address and appropriate postage.
- Specimens are only delivered at IDOH Labs Monday through Friday, excluding Indiana State holidays.
- Ship to:
Attn: Serology Laboratory
Indiana Department of Health Labs
550 W 16th St Suite B
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Laboratory reports will be sent out via LimsNet and will be available within five business days.