Agency Main Banner Content
Economic Development Trip – Asia 2019
Governor Eric J. Holcomb will lead economic development trips to Asia in the coming months to support the state of Indiana’s increasingly global economy, strengthening partnerships and creating connections across business, culture, education, government and even sports.
“Markets are more connected now than ever before, and we’re proud to support a growing global dynamic economy in Indiana,” Gov. Holcomb said. “That growth is evident in our business sector, with 1,000 foreign-owned companies throughout Indiana employing 21st century talent in communities all across our state. We’re committed to continuing to cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships that will create even more opportunities for Hoosiers and a shared prosperous future.”
Indiana is home to 1,004 foreign-owned business establishments that support more than 193,000 jobs across the state. Foreign direct investment committed to the state has increased by 300 percent from 2016 to 2018, with 47 foreign-owned businesses committing to invest $3.2 billion to locate or grow in Indiana last year. The state’s transpacific partnerships continue to grow, with Japan now supporting 319 business establishments in Indiana, the Republic of Korea supporting 10, China supporting 21 and India supporting seven.
This marks Gov. Holcomb’s second trips to Japan and India and his first visit to China and the Republic of Korea. The costs of the state delegations are being paid through private donations to the Indiana Economic Development Foundation.
Asia 2019 - Resources
- 2019 - Indiana-Japan Factsheet
- 8/23/2019: Governor Holcomb to Build Transpacific Business Relationships in Asia
- 9/4/2019: Gov. Holcomb, Indiana Delegation Establish Business Connections in Republic of Korea
- 9/5/2019: Gov. Holcomb Concludes First Economic Development Trip to Republic of Korea, Forms New Partnerships
- 9/6/2019: Gov. Holcomb Visits Indiana’s Largest Foreign Investor, Strengthens Ties with Aichi Prefecture in Japan
- 9/7/2019: Indiana, Tochigi Prefecture Celebrate 20th Anniversary of Sister-State Partnership
- 9/9/2019: Gov. Holcomb Highlights Japanese Contributions to Indiana’s Culture, Economy in Tokyo
- 9/23/2019: Governor Holcomb to Foster International Business Relationships in China, India
- 9/26/2019: Gov. Holcomb Strengthens Global Connections in China’s Capital City
- 9/27/2019: Indiana Renews Sister-State Agreement with Zhejiang Province
- 9/30/2019: Gov. Holcomb Concludes First Economic Development Trip to China
- 10/4/2019: Gov. Holcomb Joins Indiana Pacers for Inaugural NBA Games in India