Five-Year State Plan
Goal Area 1: Leadership and Advocacy
Increase leadership and advocacy among culturally and linguistically diverse people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD) and families.
- Objective 1.1: Self-advocacy organization(s) led by people with ID/DD across Indiana have increased reach and capacity.
- Objective 1.2: Opportunities for skill building among people with ID/DD that is provided by others with ID/DD expand.
- Objective 1.3: More people with ID/DD are engaged in cross-disability and culturally diverse leadership coalitions.
- Objective 1.4: There is an increase in families across the lifespan engaged in personal and systems level advocacy.
Goal Area 2: Community Inclusion and Belonging
Systemic barriers are addressed to facilitate increased community inclusion and belonging on the part of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Objective 2.1: Improve policy, practice, and programs to support people with ID/DD at the intersection of Home and Community Based Services and Social Drivers of Health.
- Objective 2.2: Black/African Americans with ID/DD and those with the most significant support needs will see greater representation and equity within disability related services and organizations.
- Objective 2.3: Increase community capacity for understanding, inclusion and belonging.