Council Membership Recruitment
The Council is seeking applicants for seven (7) vacancies:
- Two (2) for a person with developmental disabilities*
- One (1) for either a person with a developmental disability or a parent/immediate relative of a person with a developmental disability
- One (1) Person with a disability representing a local community or statewide organization whose stated mission includes fostering the productivity, inclusion, and independence of people with developmental disabilities.
- One (1) individual who represents the community or a business that has demonstrated a commitment to implementing the federal Americans with Disabilities Act
- One (1) individual who represent a provider of services
Terms begin October 1, 2023, with an opportunity to serve for 3 years in the first term (ending September 30, 2026, and if eligible can be reappointed to a second three-year term.
* The two vacancies for a person with a developmental disability are filling terms from previously appointed members who either resigned and/or passed away. The appointed members will serve the remaining first terms until September 30, 2025 and will be eligible for reappointment to a second three (3) year term.
Previous applicants do not need to reapply and will be considered as potential candidates; a separate email will be sent to those applicants to verify and confirm interest in being considered, and update any new changes in contact information.
When a vacancy occurs, our leadership committee reviews applications and recruits additional applicants. Candidates are interviewed and recommendations are made to the Council for approval at the next regular meeting. If approved, the Council's recommendation and candidate’s information is submitted to the Governor’s Office for consideration. Additional forms and clearances are required by the Governor. Review our complete vacancy announcement here.
Current Council Members