Most Hoosiers want to age at home. Indiana is working to give more people over age 60 on Medicaid this choice by making long-term services and supports more effective and better coordinated. We will accomplish this by:
- Decreasing the time it takes to qualify and receive home services.
- Capitalizing on and expanding our expedited eligibility pilot for the Medicaid Aged & Disabled waiver.
- Ensuring access to home-based services for eligible high-risk applicants within 10 days of approval.
Implementing managed LTSS with a focus on improving service coordination to make it easier for members to navigate long-term services.
- Incentivizing quality and giving Hoosiers the care they need, when they need it.
- Linking provider payments to improved health and wellness.
- Ensuring care is effective regardless of setting.
- Integrating LTSS data to allow the state and public to monitor successes and improve the program.
- Recruiting, training, supporting and retaining the direct support workforce.
The information on this website does not apply to long-term services and supports for adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities under age 60. To learn more about LTSS services available through the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services, please visit www.in.gov/fssa/ddrs.