For Addiction Providers
Understanding American Society of Addiction Medicine
Indiana is in the process of revising the administrative rules for addiction services. One of the new additions will be that the rules will be structured around the ASAM Criteria. ASAM stands for American Society of Addiction Medicine, https://www.asam.org/resources/the-asam-criteria. The new rules will include the ASAM Levels of Care and their support systems, therapies and staffing. Click here to learn more about becoming an ASAM designated provider.
Become an Addiction Treatment services provider
Currently, there are two certification options for addiction treatment service providers, outpatient and regular. For more information, forms, and paperwork required, click here. A link to the current Indiana Administrative Code that governs addiction treatment service providers (Article 4.4.) can also be found on that page.
Trainings, meetings, and webinars
- Addressing the Needs of Pregnant and Postpartum Women with Substance Use Disorders
This three-day training series will offer women’s behavioral health providers the knowledge and skills they need to support this vulnerable population and help improve health outcomes. We hope that you can join us for all three sessions.
- September 9, 2020, from 1 to 4 p.m. EDT
Part 1: Assessment, Treatment, and Recovery with Pregnant Women
- September 10, 2020, from 1 to 4 p.m. EDT
Part 2: Planning for Postpartum Period and Family-Centered Services
- September 24, 2020, from 1 to 3 p.m. EDT
From Training to Practice: Follow-Up Discussion
- September 9, 2020, from 1 to 4 p.m. EDT
- Announcing a free three-part training series for Indiana clinical supervisors
- Verification that you are a clinical supervisor within your organization.
- Which organization and location
- Please have only one supervisor per location, you may provide backup possibilities and they will be filled as room allows
- Wednesday – August 19, 2020, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. EST
- Thursday – August 20, 2020, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. EST
- Wednesday – August 26, 2020, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. EST
- Thursday – August 27, 2020, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. EST
The Division of Mental Health and Addiction and The Great Lakes ATTC are hosting a free three-part training series for Indiana clinical supervisors to learn, enhance or refresh their skills to increase competency and effectiveness. If you are a clinical supervisor and wanting to register for the free virtual and follow-up training, please contact Nicholas Svetlauskas at Nicholas.Svetlauskas@fssa.in.gov by July 24, 2020. Please provide the following information in your email:
There is limited space so please be sure you are able to commit to completing the online training prior to the four virtual follow-up sessions. Dates and additional information are listed below and please note that video capability is required as part of the virtual training.
For more information on this training, click here.
- Navigating Employment, Medication for Opioid Use Disorder and Recovery
The Division of Mental Health and Addiction is sponsoring three two-hour virtual trainings to educate on assisting individuals in early recovery – particularly those enrolled in Medication for Opioid Use Disorder supports – on how workplace drug testing works, what it means to request reasonable accommodations and how to think of his or her recovery as a regulation-protected disability.
Trainings are being hosted by the Wellness Council of Indiana, a subsidiary of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. MOUD providers, behavioral health professionals, consumer advocates and other invested stakeholders are all encouraged to attend this important virtual training.
Register for a virtual training by clicking on one of the links below:
- Monday, August 17, 2020 - 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. EDT
- Thursday, September 3, 2020 - 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. EDT
- Monday, September 28, 2020 - 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. EDT
- Addiction Provider Meeting – January 24, 2020.
- AM recording
- PM recording
- Compliance Monitoring for1115 Medicaid SMI Waiver Requirement of Follow-up Contact Within 72-Hours presentation
- 1115 waiver amendment presentation
- Substance use disorder presentation
- Adult mental health habilitation updates presentation
- Meridian Health Services presentation
- Electronic visit verification presentation
- Indiana levels of care for substance use disorder treatment presentation
- CareSource 2019 accomplishments presentation
- MHS 2019 accomplishments and 2020 initiatives presentation
- MDWise OMPP/DMHA SUD provider meeting presentation
- MOMII initiative presentation
Indiana Levels of Care for Addiction Services
The 30 day public comment period is complete. For any questions email SUD.email@example.com