For Addiction Providers
Understanding American Society of Addiction Medicine
Indiana is in the process of revising the administrative rules for addiction services. One of the new additions will be that the rules will be structured around the ASAM Criteria. ASAM stands for American Society of Addiction Medicine, https://www.asam.org/asam-criteria/about-the-asam-criteria. The new rules will include the ASAM Levels of Care and their support systems, therapies and staffing. Click here to learn more about becoming an ASAM designated provider.
Become an Addiction Treatment services provider
Currently, there are two certification options for addiction treatment service providers, outpatient and regular. For more information, forms, and paperwork required, click here. A link to the current Indiana Administrative Code that governs addiction treatment service providers (Article 4.4.) can also be found on that page.
Trainings, meetings and webinars
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM – This two-day course includes the ASAM Criteria One-Day Foundations Course and the ASAM Criteria Skill-Building Course. Each course provides the tools to utilize the ASAM Criteria with the utmost care and evidence-based practice. This trainings is free of charge. Lunch will be on your own. ASAM Criteria 2-Day Course: Foundations & Skill Building - Goshen, Indiana - June 23-24, 2022.
Future dates listed below with registration links coming soon.
July 28-29, 2022- Jeffersonville, IN
August 22-23, 2022- Indianapolis, IN
August 25-26, 2022-Columbus, IN
- Free contingency management trainings available
The Indiana University School of Medicine, in partnership with the Division of Mental Health and Addiction, is providing free training and technical assistance in contingency management for substance use disorders. CM is an evidence-based behavioral intervention in which patients can earn motivational incentives for engaging in treatment-related behaviors and reducing their substance use. This opportunity is available to all Indiana healthcare providers who care for patients with SUDs. Please see below for details and how to enroll in the trainings and email email@example.com with any questions.
- Benefits to participating providers:
- Free CM training and technical assistance from national experts
- Free continuing education credits
- Funding for CM incentive costs
- Part of a statewide community of practice to improve SUD care
- The models
- Contingency management adolescent SUD – offered to individual providers; targeting youth and emerging adults with any SUD; includes two levels of trainings, both with online self-paced training and one with continuing individual support. Funding for this training will be provided, click here to enroll.
- Contingency management adult SUD – offered to individual providers within participating organizations; targeting individuals with any SUD; includes a 1-day virtual workshop and monthly continuing support. Funding, in the form of organizational mini grants, will be provided. Click here for the enrollment form.
- TRUST (StimUD) – offered to individual providers within participating organizations; targeting individuals with a stimulant use disorder; includes weekly virtual workshops and monthly continuing support. Funding, in the form of organizational mini grants, will be provided. Click here for the enrollment form.
- Benefits to participating providers:
- Addiction Provider Meeting – January 24, 2020.
- AM recording
- PM recording
- Compliance Monitoring for1115 Medicaid SMI Waiver Requirement of Follow-up Contact Within 72-Hours presentation
- 1115 waiver amendment presentation
- Substance use disorder presentation
- Adult mental health habilitation updates presentation
- Meridian Health Services presentation
- Electronic visit verification presentation
- Indiana levels of care for substance use disorder treatment presentation
- CareSource 2019 accomplishments presentation
- MHS 2019 accomplishments and 2020 initiatives presentation
- MDWise OMPP/DMHA SUD provider meeting presentation
- MOMII initiative presentation
Indiana Levels of Care for Addiction Services
The 30 day public comment period is complete. For any questions email SUD.firstname.lastname@example.org