Online purchasing now available for SNAP recipients in Indiana
SNAP recipients in Indiana may use their Hoosier Works EBT cards to purchase groceries online for pickup or delivery at two approved retailers – Amazon and Walmart.
To use Amazon:
- Amazon offers online ordering and delivery of groceries to SNAP recipients. Instructions on how to use this service can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/b?node=19097785011&ref_=omps_hra
To use Walmart:
- Walmart offers online ordering and delivery and pick-up options at some stores, while other stores only allow online ordering and pickup of groceries at a designated spot outside the store.
- Information on online ordering at Walmart can be found here: https://grocery.walmart.com/
- Information about delivery of groceries from Walmart can be found here: https://www.walmart.com/cp/express_delivery/3696472
- Walmart customer service can be found here: https://wmt-grocery.custhelp.com/app/ask
To use ALDI/Instacart:
- To purchase online from ALDI, Indiana SNAP participants will be able to shop via the Instacart online site and mobile app. (Users can get more information here.)
- Customers can create an Instacart account here. Then, they can enter their Hoosier Works EBT card information as a form of payment in their profile. (They will also need to add a secondary form of payment for non-food items such as taxes, tips and fees per SNAP guidelines.)
- Customers can then enter their zip code to determine if they are near a participating ALDI store, and begin shopping and selecting items from ALDI's SNAP-eligible products. Once items are added to their cart, customers will be able to select how much of their benefits they would like to allocate to the order.
- ALDI delivery and pickup via Instacart will be available daily from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and orders for delivery and pickup can be placed by customers for receipt in as fast as an hour or scheduled for days in advance.
Delivery fees that may apply to the online purchase may not be paid with SNAP benefits.
If SNAP recipients have any problems using their card for ordering, they should call the number on the back of their Hoosier Works EBT card for customer service.
TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) benefits, which are also provided via Hoosier Works EBT card, may not be used for online purchasing. Currently more than 680,000 Hoosiers receive SNAP benefits and nearly 13,000 Hoosiers receive TANF assistance.
Hoosiers may apply for SNAP or TANF at https://fssabenefits.in.gov/. They may also call 800-403-0864 for assistance.