Frequently asked questions
The following are answers to frequently asked questions. For more information or to get answers to a question you don't see here, you can contact 800-403-0864 and choose option 3. Our office is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- What is IMPACT?
IMPACT is a no-cost employment and training program for individuals who receive SNAP or TANF. IMPACT can help you prepare for and obtain employment that has growth potential. IMPACT can eliminate barriers that get in the way of training or a better job.
- How do I enroll in IMPACT?
- You must be enrolled in SNAP or TANF first. Your SNAP or TANF eligibility worker can refer you to an IMPACT location in your area. You can also contact IMPACT directly to sign up for IMPACT services if you are already a SNAP or TANF recipient.
- Call 800-403-0864, press “3” and say you want to try IMPACT. Someone will help you sign up, and then you will receive a letter with an appointment for an orientation.
- You will meet with staff from IMPACT to learn more about the program, talk about your background and goals, and make a plan tailored to you. The IMPACT staff will be there to coach you along the way and provide you helpful tools and resources.
- How does IMPACT benefit me?
IMPACT is here to help you gain skills through our training programs. Working directly with our business services team and our case managers, you’ll set career goals, get assistance on how to apply for jobs, create resumes, and even access resources for child care, transportation and clothing/uniforms.
- What type of training programs do you have available?
Many types of trainings are available based on your interests and what is available in your area. IMPACT case managers can help you locate what is best for you. Some examples of training are: Welding; Medical (CMA: QMA: CNA); Commercial Driver’s License; Computer training, Logistics training, etc.
- Do you help individuals who don't have a high school diploma or HSE?
Yes we do! We can help you obtain an HSE and will pay for the exam. Courses in English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education are available as well.
- I need help finding employment. How can IMPACT help me?
IMPACT has many resources for those searching for work. We can assist you with access to many job databases, job fairs sponsored by IMPACT or by other community organizations. We can help you explore short term job training opportunities that might help you find the type of work you are looking for.