Find out if you qualify
Our new, easy to complete online application is the first step in the process, and will ask you all the questions needed to see if you are eligible. You will also be required to upload or provide documents to verify some of the information on your application. Lastly, an eligibility specialist will review your application and contact you to let you know if you are approved or if they need additional documents. Please make sure you are completing ALL steps to complete your application.
For the each school year (August - June), a child from anywhere in Indiana is eligible for an On My Way Pre-K voucher if:
- The child will be 4 years old by August 1 of the current year and plan to start kindergarten in the next school year.
- The child must live in a household with an income below 150% of the federal poverty level. FPL information is available below.
- Parents or guardians in the household must be working, going to school, attending job training or looking for a job.
If funding remains, there may be a limited number of vouchers available for children who will be 4 years old by August 1 of the current year, planning to start kindergarten the next school year if:
- The child lives in a household with incomes up to 185% of the federal poverty level.
These children must also have:
- A parent or guardian living in the household who is working, going to school, attending job training or looking for a job. OR
- A parent/guardian who receives Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income (also known as SSDI or SSI) benefits.
|OMWPK Federal Poverty Chart - Monthly income before taxes|
|Family size||0%-150%||Family size||151%-185%|
|1||$0 to $1,823.00||1||$1,824.00 to $2,248.00|
|2||$0 to $2,465.00||2||$2,466.00 to $3,040.00|
|3||$0 to $3,108.00||3||$3,109.00 to $3,833.00|
|4||$0 to $3,750.00||4||$3,751.00 to $4,625.00|
|5||$0 to $4,393.00||5||$4,394.00 to $5,417.00|
|6||$0 to $5,035.00||6||$5,036.00 to $6,210.00|
|7||$0 to $5,678.00||7||$5,679.00 to $7,002.00|
|8||$0 to $6,320.00||8||$6,321.00 to $7,795.00|
|9||$0 to $6,963.00||9||$6,964.00 to $8,587.00|
|10||$0 to $7,605.00||10||$7,606.00 to $9,098.00|
This table is updated yearly prior to enrollment.
**For additional family sizes, please contact your eligibility office.
***Chart updated July 1, 2023 due to legislative updates to On My Way Pre-K eligibility