Find child care in your areaClick here to get started
On My Way Pre-K 2021/22 now availableClick to learn more
Providers: Access support for temporary COVID-19 closures, FAQs and guidanceLearn about available grant opportunities
New Child Care Stabilization Grants are coming for Indiana early care and education providers.Learn more and prepare to apply
Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning Complaint Process
The Division offers several ways to file a complaint:
- Call the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning at 877-511-1144 or Brighter Futures at 800-299-1627
- Calls can be made anonymously but, any name given must be entered as stated by law.
- Fax Information to the Intake Unit at 317-234-6905.
- Email our Office at email@example.com. A link to this email can also be found under the www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/ drop down arrow, where you can select “contact us”, and you will then find the email address.
- Mail Information to: Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning, 402Washington St., Room W362, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Note: Any person who suspects child abuse or neglect may have occurred in a child care facility has a duty to report the suspicions to the Department of Child Services at 800-800-5556.
When filing a complaint, please be prepared to share the following information:
- The name of the child care program.
- The address or general location of the child care program.
- Details about your concern.
- Any information about individuals involved in the incident.
- Approximate date and/or time and the location where the incident occurred.
- Any additional information that you may have.
Division next steps after complaint is filed:
- All complaints will be processed in 48 hours.
- All complaints will have follow-up within 30 days.
Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning
The Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning oversees early child care, education and out-of-school-time programs.
The vision of the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning is that every Indiana community will have a strong network of Early Care and Education and Out-of-School Time programs that support the child, the family and local schools. Programs will be high quality, affordable and accessible to enable families to work effectively to obtain economic self-sufficiency. Children will thrive in programs that meet their developmental and educational needs and make them feel welcome, encouraged and supported. Professionals teaching and caring for children will have the resources, including training and education, needed to operate and maintain high quality programs.
Latest news and updates
RFF 18-001 update: "OECOSL has notified all applicants of the Office's respective award decision. In the coming weeks, OECOSL will be posting a second Early Childhood Education Capacity Building Request for Funding. Prior applicants as well as any new potential new applicants should monitor the website for updates."
- Provider recognition program
- CCDF state plan 2021-2024 (initial submission)
- CCDF State Plan public hearing
- OECOSL funding opportunity for child care providers: RFS 20-047
- OECOSL Grant opportunity for Pre-K Capacity Building: Request for Funding 20-002
- OECOSL Grant opportunity for School-Age Child Care: Request for Funding 20-001
- Statewide regional webinar update
- B-5 preschool development grant
- Market rate information
- Provider notification on new CCDF reimbursement rates
- Important information on the new health and safety orientation training requirements
- Scholarship opportunities for CDA and more
- Provider meetings on draft child care rules - slideshow
- CCDF provider eligibility laws
- Revised early learning foundations
- Mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect resources
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader or TTY) and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at this link. If you have a complaint about web accessibility or print communications in accessible formats, you may also contact us via this link. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility issue, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information.