How to submit a complaint about child care providers
Call Brighter Futures at 800-299-1627 or the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning at 877-511-1144.
Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning
The Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning oversees early child care, education and out-of-school-time programs.
The vision of the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning is that every Indiana community will have a strong network of Early Care and Education and Out-of-School Time programs that support the child, the family and local schools. Programs will be high quality, affordable and accessible to enable families to work effectively to obtain economic self-sufficiency. Children will thrive in programs that meet their developmental and educational needs and make them feel welcome, encouraged and supported. Professionals teaching and caring for children will have the resources, including training and education, needed to operate and maintain high quality programs.
Latest news and updates
RFF 18-001 update: "OECOSL has notified all applicants of the Office's respective award decision. In the coming weeks, OECOSL will be posting a second Early Childhood Education Capacity Building Request for Funding. Prior applicants as well as any new potential new applicants should monitor the website for updates."
- OECOSL funding opportunity for child care providers: RFS 20-047
- OECOSL Grant opportunity for Pre-K Capacity Building: Request for Funding 20-002
- OECOSL Grant opportunity for School-Age Child Care: Request for Funding 20-001
- Statewide regional webinar update
- B-5 preschool development grant
- Market rate information
- Core Knowledge and Competencies, second edition
- Provider notification on new CCDF reimbursement rates
- Important information on the new health and safety orientation training requirements
- Scholarship opportunities for CDA and more
- Provider meetings on draft child care rules - slideshow
- CCDF provider eligibility laws
- Revised early learning foundations
- Resources for finding safe and reliable child care
- Mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect resources
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader or TTY) and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at this link. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility issue, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information.