Info Agency Main Banner Content
Questions about child care or early learning? Call 800-299-1627Click here to read more
Find chld care in your areaClick here to get started
How to submit a complaint about child care providers
Call Brighter Futures at 800-299-1627 or the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning at 877-511-1144.
Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning
The Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning oversees early child care, education and out-of-school-time programs.
The vision of the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning is that every Indiana community will have a strong network of Early Care and Education and Out-of-School Time programs that support the child, the family and local schools. Programs will be high quality, affordable and accessible to enable families to work effectively to obtain economic self-sufficiency. Children will thrive in programs that meet their developmental and educational needs and make them feel welcome, encouraged and supported. Professionals teaching and caring for children will have the resources, including training and education, needed to operate and maintain high quality programs.
Latest news and updates
RFF 18-001 update: "OECOSL has notified all applicants of the Office's respective award decision. In the coming weeks, OECOSL will be posting a second Early Childhood Education Capacity Building Request for Funding. Prior applicants as well as any new potential new applicants should monitor the website for updates."
- OECOSL grant opportunity for School-Age Child Care: Request for Funding 19-001
- OECOSL grant opportunity for Early Childhood Capacity Building: Request for Funding 19-002
- Market rate information
- Core Knowledge and Competencies, second edition
- Provider notification on new CCDF reimbursement rates
- Important information on the new health and safety orientation training requirements
- Scholarship opportunities for CDA and more
- Provider meetings on draft child care rules - slideshow
- CCDF provider eligibility laws
- Revised early learning foundations
- Resources for finding safe and reliable child care
- Mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect resources