The Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) is committed to delivering premier service to its customers. Currently, DWD makes unemployment benefit payments through State of Indiana Visa® debit cards (issued by Conduent). Beginning Feb. 1, 2020, DWD is partnering with KeyBank to give claimants greater control over how they receive benefit payments. Claimants will be able to choose between: (1) Direct Deposit to a U.S. checking/savings account, or (2) a Key2Benefits prepaid Mastercard. Claimants will be able to make this payment choice beginning Dec. 12, 2019, when they login to Uplink Claimant Self Service (CSS).
Important items to note:
- Do not dispose of the State of Indiana Visa® debit card until you have used or transferred all of the money on your card.
- If you receive money on the State of Indiana Visa® debit card from other state of Indiana programs, such as Child Support, you will continue to get paid on the Visa® debit card until otherwise notified by those programs.
Payments through Jan. 31, 2020
You can use your State of Indiana Visa® debit card at a number of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) or at any Visa® bank, with one transaction each benefit week allowed free of charge. Your debit card can also be used as a “point of sale” transaction at any merchant that accepts Visa®. Funds are electronically uploaded to your debit card each week that you are eligible for unemployment benefits. Your deposits are posted at 5:00 p.m., on the banking day after your payment processes. You can also transfer funds from your card into your personal savings or checking account over the phone. Your money will be in your account in 24-72 hours, and the transfer is free of charge.
Additional information regarding your current Visa® debit card can be found at the below links:
Payments on Feb. 1, 2020 and beyond
Claimants now have greater control over how they receive benefit payments. DWD, through KeyBank, allows claimants to choose between Direct Deposit to a U.S. checking/savings account, or a Key2Benefits prepaid Mastercard. Claimants can make this election starting Dec. 12, 2019. KeyBank will begin paying claimants on Feb.1, 2020.
KeyBank program perks include:
- Flexibility to change your payment election anytime by logging into Uplink Claimant Self Service (CSS);
- Key2Benefits card accepted globally anywhere Mastercard is accepted for PIN and signature purchases, online purchases, and cash with “cashback” transactions
- Card security with EMV chip technology
- Fee free and surcharge free ATM access at KeyBank and Allpoint ATMs