Language Translation
  Close Menu

MCS Special Permits

All Special Permits may now be completed online for Three (3) Day Trip, Five (5) Day Trip, Hunter’s Permit (Unladen), Yard Tractor, and Repair and Maintenance Permits. Under Special Permits, you have the ability to select the permit type, make a payment, and print the permit in a matter of minutes. Below is a description of what each permit type is used for.

After processing your permit online, you will receive a confirmation on the payment screen of your permit number. Please print a copy for your records. If you lose your permit, contact us, and we can provide you with a copy.

  • Three (3) Day Trip: allows the base plated carrier from another state to enter Indiana and pick up and/or deliver
  • Five (5) Day Trip: allows carrier to travel outside or inside the state with a base plate and be exempt from fuel taxes
  • Hunter Permit (Unladen): allows a common carrier who owns and operates a motor vehicle subject to the International Registration Plan (IRP) seeking a contract for service
  • Yard Tractor Permit: used to move semitrailers around a terminal, loading, or spotting facility and allows for a company to travel Indiana highways for fuel without a load and return
  • Repair and Maintenance: allows a company to travel inside the state with their base plate to get repairs done in Indiana

If you have any questions, please contact us at 317-615-7200, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET.

Special Permits