The Business Education Outreach Program was developed in 2015 along with the New and Small Business Education Center to help businesses receive taxpayer education and advice earlier in the business formation process. The program offers free tax presentations to a variety of Hoosier organizations. These in-person presentations discuss important tax information for tax practitioners, new and small businesses, specialty businesses, volunteer tax preparers and others, and allow attendees the opportunity to have questions answered by an experienced DOR representative. See upcoming Business Outreach Events.
Schedule an Event
DOR works with business, civic and community organizations throughout the state to hold presentations on a variety of state tax topics, including:
- Annual Tax Update - an overview of changes in state tax law and DOR policies
- Auctioneers and State Tax
- Business Tax: Common Errors
- Individual Income Tax Filing Resources
- International Student Tax Workshop
- Start Strong: Taxes for New and Small Businesses
- Stay Strong: Tax Compliance for Small Businesses
- Tax School for Tax Practitioners
- Taxes for Auto Dealers
- Taxes for Nonprofits
- Volunteer Tax Preparers Workshop
If you or your organization is interested in hosting a seminar or having a representative speak to your members, complete the Speaker Request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Virtual speakers and presentations are available. Contact us at least six weeks before your preferred presentation date. Custom presentations are also available but may require additional notice. Requests are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis based on speaker availability.