Bloomington, IN 47401
Monroe Lake advisories
- FLOODING UPDATE 7-19-2021: Due to extremely heavy rainfall, Fairfax SRA and Paynetown SRA beaches are currently CLOSED. All boat ramp courtesy docks and public fishing docks are CLOSED at this time. Some county roads that are used to travel around the lake are affected by high water as well. Boaters should use extreme caution due to possible floating debris and hidden obstacles on the lake. All boat ramps and campsites remain OPEN at this time, but water levels continue to rise. Please check back here or on Facebook for updates.
- Blue-Green Algae: Found in lakes year-round. More information.
- Black Vultures: Birds may damage your vehicle. Learn how.
Events in the next seven days
Paynetown SRA, Fairfax SRA, Allen's Creek SRA, Cutright SRA, Moore's Creek SRA, Salt Creek SRA, Pine Grove SRA, Crooked Creek SRA
23,952 acres - 10,750-acres lake
Water safety matters! If you use one of our big reservoirs for swimming, fishing, boating or skiing, check out Bobber the Water Dog, brought to you by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Boating / 9 Launch Ramps
- Fishing / Ice Fishing
- Fishing Piers
- Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina
- Gas Dock
- Hunting (Waterfowl Hunts)
- Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Nature Center
- Picnicking / Shelterhouse (Shelter Reservations)
- Rental - Fishing Boats, Pontoons
- Swimming / 2 Beaches (Policy)
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
- Electric / 226 sites
- Non-electric / 94 sites
- Camp Store (Seasonal)
- Dumping Station
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
BlueBird Trail (1.25 miles) Moderate—Forest and field trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Tree Trek Trail (0.5 mile) Easy—Forest Ecosystem interpretive trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Turkey Trot Trail (1.75 miles) MODERATE—Hike- In/Boat-In Camping Area in Allen’s Creek State Recreation Area.
Whitetail Trail (1 mile) MODERATE—Access trail for walk-in visitors at Paynetown State Recreation Area.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.