- Monroe Lake Alerts (3)
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAE ADVISORY FOR FAIRFAX SRA AND PAYNETOWN SRA BEACHES: Swimming and boating permitted. Avoid contact with algae. Avoid swallowing water while swimming. Take a bath or shower with warm soapy water after coming in contact with lake water. Do not use lake water for cooking or bathing. Do not allow your pets to swim or drink water where algae are present. More information.
- BLACK VULTURES: Birds may damage your vehicle. Learn how.
- Comfort Station #1 at Paynetown SRA will close for demolition and construction beginning on Monday, Oct. 2. This is the comfort station directly west of the campground gatehouse in the A loop of the campground. Three other comfort stations in the A loop and one comfort station in the B loop will remain open for camper use through October.
4850 S. State Road 446
Bloomington, IN 47401
Paynetown SRA, Fairfax SRA, Allen's Creek SRA, Cutright SRA, Moore's Creek SRA, Salt Creek SRA, Pine Grove SRA, Crooked Creek SRA
23,952 acres - 10,750 acres lake
Water safety matters! If you use one of our big reservoirs for swimming, fishing, boating, or skiing, check out Bobber the Water Dog, brought to you by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Boating / 9 Launch Ramps
- Fishing / Ice Fishing
- Fishing Piers
- Gas Dock
- Hunting (Waterfowl Hunts)
- Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Marinas and Boat Rentals
- Nature Center
- Picnicking / Shelterhouse (Shelter Reservations)
- Swimming / 2 Beaches (Policy)
Camping - See campground maps under Maps tab
- Electric / 226 sites
- Non-electric / 94 sites
- Camp Store (Seasonal)
- Dumping Station
- BlueBird Trail: 1.25 miles, loop, moderate
- Tree Trek Trail: 0.5 miles, loop, easy
- Whitetail Trail: 1 mile, out-and-back, moderate
- Turkey Trot Trail: 1.75 miles, out-and-back, moderate
- Big Oak Trail and Evergreen Loop: 1.5 miles, loop, moderate
- Homestead Loop Trail: 1.8 miles, loop, moderate
- Quarry Extension Trail: 0.4 miles, out-and-back, easy