Cagles Mill Lake (Lieber SRA)
Cloverdale, IN 46120
Cagles Mill Lake (Lieber SRA) Advisories
- Blue-green algae is at the ADVISORY alert level. Swimming and boating permitted. Avoid contact with algae. Avoid swallowing water while swimming. Take a bath or shower with warm soapy water after coming in contact with lake water. Do not use lake water for cooking or bathing. Do not allow your pets to swim or drink water where algae are present. Check back for updates. Learn more about blue-green algae.
Upcoming Events at Cagles Mill Lake (Lieber SRA)
Cunot Ramp and Cataract Falls, Lieber SRA
8,075 acres - 1,400-acre lake
In 1952, Cagles Mill Lake was built as Indiana’s first flood control reservoir, protecting the Eel and White river watersheds. Mill Creek feeds the 1,400-acre lake and is home to beautiful Cataract Falls. These falls resulted from two pre-glacial bedrock ridges buried beneath ancient lake sediments of the Illinoisan glacial period.
In the 1800s, Lieber State Recreation Area was populated by the Miami, Shawnee and Potawatomi. In 1809, what was left of the great Miami Indian Confederacy sold the now southern one-third of Indiana to the U.S. government, when the 10 O’Clock Treaty Line, which passes through Lieber SRA, was laid out. To learn more about the history and legends of the area, stop at the Nature Center and speak with the Interpretive Naturalist staff.
The state of the art Aquatic Center is open during the Memorial Day to Labor Day recreation season. The Aquatic Center has a zero entrance pool, water bubblers and a tornado water slide. There are also shelters, a volleyball court and a playground. Other family fun opportunities include hiking trails, boat access to Cagles Mill Lake and a campground. The 115 Class A and 94 Class B campsites make this a lovely place to visit. Plan a picnic in the activities field, where you will find horseshoe pits, basketball courts, and plenty of play areas for the kids. For additional information and for Aquatic Center hours, please contact the property office at (765) 795-4576.
During the summer, pool hours may change because of weather and staffing. Please contact the property office for exact times before your visit.
- Nature Center
- Basketball Court
- Boating / 2 Launch Ramps
- Fishing Pier
- Hiking Trails
- Horseshoe Pits
- Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Picnicking / Shelterhouse
- Playground Equipment
- Rental - Fishing Boats, Pontoons
- Swimming / Pool / Waterslide (Policy) Check office for hours.
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
- Electric / 120 sites - Poplar Grove
- Non-electric / 96 sites - Sunny Acres
- Dumping Station
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
1. COVERED BRIDGE NATURE TRAIL (.75 mile) MODERATE—Starts and ends near the sports and activity field. Stoned trail with benches and covered bridge. Wheelchair Accessible.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAIL.