Monroe Lake advisories
- PARK STATUS: Some DNR properties are reaching parking capacity for day use on busy weekends. Gates have been closed, or vehicles admitted only when others leave. For real-time status, follow Indiana State Parks on Twitter (@INDNRstateparks).
- The Indiana Department of Natural Resources has adjusted services, events and operations to protect Hoosiers and prevent further spread of COVID-19. Please visit on.IN.gov/dnrcovid19 for a listing of what is open, closed, restricted and canceled.
- BEACHES CLOSED 6-3-2020: Due to rising water, the beaches at Fairfax SRA and Paynetown SRA are currently closed. Some courtesy docks are under water. No fuel sales at Paynetown SRA due to electrical project at gas dock. Please check back for updates.
- Blue-Green Algae: Found in lakes year-round. More information.
- Black Vultures: Birds may damage your vehicle. Learn how.
Upcoming Events at Monroe Lake
Paynetown SRA, Fairfax SRA, Allen's Creek SRA, Cutright SRA, Moore's Creek SRA, Salt Creek SRA, Pine Grove SRA, Crooked Creek SRA
23,952 acres - 10,750-acres lake
Water safety matters! If you use one of our big reservoirs for swimming, fishing, boating or skiing, check out Bobber the Water Dog, brought to you by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Boating / 9 Launch Ramps
- Fishing / Ice Fishing
- Fishing Piers
- Fourwinds Resort & Marina
- Gas Dock
- Hunting (Waterfowl Hunts)
- Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Nature Center
- Picnicking / Shelterhouse (Shelter Reservations)
- Rental - Fishing Boats, Pontoons
- Swimming / 2 Beaches (Policy)
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
- Electric / 226 sites
- Non-electric / 94 sites
- Camp Store (Seasonal)
- Dumping Station
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
BlueBird Trail (1.25 miles) Moderate—Forest and field trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Tree Trek Trail (0.5 mile) Easy—Forest Ecosystem interpretive trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Turkey Trot Trail (1.75 miles) MODERATE—Hike- In/Boat-In Camping Area in Allen’s Creek State Recreation Area.
Whitetail Trail (1 mile) MODERATE—Access trail for walk-in visitors at Paynetown State Recreation Area.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.