Bloomington, IN 47401
Monroe Lake Advisories
- FLOODING 2-13-2019: Due to extremely heavy rainfall, the following sites are temporarily closed at Monroe Lake through March 15, 2019: Non-electric sites P17, P18, P20, P22, P24, P43 – P48, B2 – B4, C1, C3, C5, D1, D2, Electric sites 153, 154, 171, 172, 134, 135, 137 and Twin Oaks and Paynetown shelters. Boat ramps at Cutright and Pine Grove SRAs are also temporarily closed. The high water ramp at Cutright SRA remains open at this time. The activity center is also closed and all programs for the near future are being rescheduled. Program schedule and ramp closure updates can be found on Monroe Lake’s Facebook page. Please check back for updates.
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAE: Found in lakes year-round. More information.
- Warning: Black Vultures and Vehicle Damage
Upcoming Events at Monroe Lake
Paynetown SRA, Fairfax SRA, Allen's Creek SRA, Cutright SRA, Moore's Creek SRA, Salt Creek SRA, Pine Grove SRA, Crooked Creek SRA
23,952 acres - 10,750-acres lake
Water safety matters! If you use one of our big reservoirs for swimming, fishing, boating or skiing, check out Bobber the Water Dog, brought to you by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Boating / 9 Launch Ramps
- Fishing / Ice Fishing
- Fishing Piers
- Fourwinds Resort & Marina
- Gas Dock
- Hunting (Waterfowl Hunts)
- Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Nature Center
- Picnicking / Shelterhouse (Shelter Reservations)
- Rental - Fishing Boats, Pontoons
- Swimming / 2 Beaches (Policy)
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
- Electric / 226 sites
- Non-electric / 94 sites
- Camp Store (Seasonal)
- Dumping Station
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
BlueBird Trail (1.25 miles) Moderate—Forest and field trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Tree Trek Trail (0.5 mile) Easy—Forest Ecosystem interpretive trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Turkey Trot Trail (1.75 miles) MODERATE—Hike- In/Boat-In Camping Area in Allen’s Creek State Recreation Area.
Whitetail Trail (1 mile) MODERATE—Access trail for walk-in visitors at Paynetown State Recreation Area.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.