Andrews, IN 46702
Salamonie Lake Advisories
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAE: Found in lakes year-round. More information.
Upcoming Events at Salamonie Lake
DNR manages several properties on the lake, including the Lost Bridge West State Recreation Area (SRA), Lost Bridge East SRA, Dora-New Holland SRA, Mount Etna SRA, Mount Hope SRA. The reservoir itself is managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The lake has 2,655 acres of water in the summer months. Total project area includes 12,000 acres of land and water.
Salamonie Reservoir is proactively working with local Soil and Water Conservation Districts and other partners to improve the water quality of the lake. Learn more about this effort and how to support it, visit the Salamonie Watershed Initiative.
- Basketball Courts
- Biking Trails
- Boating / Launch Ramps/ Marina (salamoniemarina.com/)
- Bridle Trails
- Cross-country Skiing - no rental
- Fishing / Ice Fishing
- Fishing Pier (open when water level permits)
- Hiking Trails
- Horseshoe Pits
- Hunting / mandatory check stations
- Division Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Property Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Mountain Biking (Bloodroot Trail)
- Interpretive Center
- Picnicking / Shelterhouse (Shelter Reservations)
- Snowmobile Trails
- Swimming / Beach (Policy)
- Volleyball Courts
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
- Lost Bridge West SRA - Modern Electric Campground / 245 sites
- Lost Bridge West SRA - Horsemen's Campground / 50 primitive sites and Apple Orchard campground / 38 sites
- Lost Bridge West SRA - 7 Youth Tent Areas
- Lost Bridge West SRA - 2 Dump Stations and 4 Comfort Stations
- Salamonie River State Forest - Horsemen's Campground / 15 primitive sites and Family Primitive Campground / 21sites
- Description of Hiking Trails
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
Trails provide enjoyment throughout the year. If you seek adventure and challenge, or recreation and relaxation, one of our trails is for you:
Tree Trail—MODERATE -1.25 miles
Bloodroot Trail—MODERATE - 13 miles. The Bloodroot Trail is both a hiking and biking trail.
Marsh Trail—EASY - 1.5 miles
Cross Country Skiing Trail
Bridle Trail—10 miles one way
Turkey Cove Trail—EASY - .4 mile
Wildlife Management Trail—EASY - 1 mile
Snowmobile Trail—40 miles
Kin -Ti-On-Ki Bike Trail —BEGINNER- 5.5 miles
All trails are signed and groomed according to their suggested use. Trails wind in and out of woods and clearings, following pond perimeters and the reservoir boundary. Please observe and abide by trail directional signs. Hikers, horsemen, mushroom hunters, and other patrons are urged to wear hunter orange during hunting seasons.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.