Info Agency Main Banner Content
Reserved Hunt Information
What do I need to apply?
- A valid hunting license for the species you intend to hunt for that season/equipment.
- A valid email address for confirmation of application submission.
How do I know if my application is complete?
- You will receive a confirmation email to the email address provided.
- After you have submitted your application, PRINT or SAVE your confirmation page. Once you have applied, you can double-check by logging back into the reserved hunt system. If a hunt choice is still in the drop-down box, you did not successfully apply. The system will not allow you to apply for the same hunt more than once. So, if the hunt shows up in your drop-down box, then you need to apply.
- Even thought there is no fee, the website will still have you add the hunt to the “Shopping Cart,” and you’ll be asked to “check out” and “place order.” You will still need to place the order in the cart to submit your application.
Other important information
- Once you have submitted your hunt application, you cannot change it. If you need to update your contact information, log into the reserved hunt system and update it. All reserved hunt draw results will be posted online no later than two weeks after the deadline has passed.
- Results are typically posted within two weeks after the application period has closed.
- To view draw results, go to https://secure.in.gov/apps/dnr/portal/#/home and log in to your account and select “View Registrations” in your online dashboard.
- If you do not have an account, please select “click here” to see the results of your registered hunts on the far right “Reserved Hunts” box. You will need your customer ID and date of birth.
Hunts currently taking applications or opening soon
2019 Spring Turkey
- Applications will be accepted Feb. 4 through March 22, 2019
- No late entries will be accepted
- Applicants must possess a hunting license valid for the 2019 Spring Turkey season
- Participating properties: Winamac FWA, J.E. Roush Lake FWA, Tri-County FWA, Pigeon River FWA, Kingsbury FWA, Willow Slough FWA, LaSalle FWA, Aukiki Wetland Conservation Area, Jasper Pulaski FWA, Hovey Lake FWA, Goose Pond FWA, Fairbanks Landing FWA, Glendale FWA, Sugar Ridge FWA, Atterbury FWA, Crosley FWA, Chinook FWA, Deer Creek FWA, Mississinewa Reservoir, Salamonie Lake, Muscatatuck NWR, Big Oaks NWR
- Youth only draw for Muscatatuck NWR
- Only one application is allowed per license holder. No changes can be made once the application is submitted.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When I enter my Customer ID number and date of birth, the system doesn’t recognize me.
Verify that the information is correct. If your date of birth is not correct on your license, then it is not correct in the system. Please email INHuntFish@dnr.IN.gov or call DNR Customer Service at (317) 232-4200 or toll-free at (877) 463-6367 to have the information corrected.
- The system is asking me to place an order for a draw hunt application but there is no cost.
The same process is used for hunts with a fee and for hunts with no fee. Even if there is no fee, the website will still have you add the hunt to the “Shopping Cart,” and you’ll be asked to “check out” and “place order.” Hunts with no fee will simply skip the payment step. The website will allow you to place multiple hunt registrations in the cart and check out all at once.
- I don’t know if I have applied for a hunt. How do I verify?
Click the link that says “to see the status of your registered hunts, click here” on the Reserved Hunts tile at: https://secure.in.gov/apps/dnr/portal/#/home. You will then be asked to enter your Customer ID and date of birth. Your Customer ID is printed on your license. If you have a lifetime license and don’t know your Customer ID, click the button next to “I don’t know my Customer ID” and enter your last name and one of the four identifiers listed on the screen. If you need assistance, please contact DNR Customer Service at (317) 232-4200 or toll-free at (877) 463-6367 or email INHuntFish@dnr.IN.gov.
- Will the system allow me to register for the same hunt more than once?
No. The system will not let you apply for the same hunt more than once. So, if a hunt is listed in the choices, then proceed with the application process.
- I entered my Customer ID number and date-of-birth, but I don’t see any hunts on the Hunt Registration page. What do I do?
Check to make sure you have the proper license that is required for the species you intend to hunt. If you have the correct license and you still do not see any hunts, check to make sure that the application deadline has not passed.
- When will the results for the hunts be posted?
Typically, the draw hunt results will be posted online approximately two weeks (or less) after the application deadline has passed. Sign up for Wild Bulletin to receive emails with the latest news regarding the reserved hunts, and other important fishing, hunting, and wildlife information.
- Where do I find out if I was drawn for a hunt?
Draw results will be posted online along with all the information you will need to participate in the hunt if you were successfully drawn. To view draw hunt results, visit https://secure.in.gov/apps/dnr/portal/#/home and click the link to see the status of your reserved hunt registrations or login to your account and view your Hunt Registrations in your online dashboard.
- I tried to view my draw results and I got the message "Not Found" What do I do now?
Verify that you typed your Customer ID number and date of birth correctly. Make sure you have a confirmation number (Hunt Registration ID) or confirmation email for the hunt. If you don't have a confirmation number or email, it is likely that you didn't successfully submit your application. If you have a confirmation number or email, and you do not see any results for your name, call DNR Customer Service at (317) 232-4200 or toll-free at (877) 463-6367.
- There are no results listed under my name for a hunt. What do I do now?
Make sure you have a confirmation number (Hunt Registration ID) or confirmation email for the hunt. If you don't have a confirmation number or email, it is likely that you didn't successfully submit your application. If you have a confirmation number or email, and you do not see any results for your name, call DNR Customer Service at (317) 232-4200 or toll-free at (877) 463-6367.