Language Translation
  Close Menu

Online License System Help

Email and registration

Purchase your license

  • How do I know what licenses I need?

    Visit the Sport License Finder. You can also review the current hunting and fishing guides.

  • Why is the license I need not showing in the list of licenses available to purchase?

    The system compares your profile with current regulations to provide a list. If the license you seek is not included in the list, it is likely due:

    • Your MY PROFILE residency status.
    • Your MY PROFILE hunter education course number (HED number).
    • Your date of birth in MY PROFILE.
  • Do I need my hunter's education certification number to buy a license?

    If you were born after 1986, you will be required to either enter your hunter's education certification number or purchase an apprentice hunting license. Only three apprentice hunting licenses can be purchased in a lifetime. Individuals born before Jan. 1, 1987, do not need a hunter’s education certification number to buy a hunting license.

  • How do I add a youth association to my account?

    Youth associations allow you to purchase licenses, submit a request for HIP, edit their profile, and CheckIN game on behalf of minors under the age of 18. No additional email address and password is required for each associated youth. To create a new association profile, click the ADD NEW button in the YOUTH ASSOCIATIONS section on the upper right-hand side of the Dashboard.

    Youth Associations Button

    Enter the youth’s Legal Last Name, Date of Birth, and the last four digits of their SSN. If the youth does not have an SSN, you can check the “I AGREE” box for Attestation of Lack of Social Security Number. When completed, click SUBMIT ASSOCIATION on the lower right-hand side.

    Once you hit SUBMIT ASSOCIATION, complete the youth profile by entering the required information on the next page. Check the “I AGREE” box and click SAVE PROFILE.

    The youth should now be listed as a YOUTH ASSOCIATION on the upper right-hand side of your Dashboard. You can purchase licenses, submit a request for HIP, edit their profile, and CheckIN game on their behalf by clicking “ACT AS” next to their name.

    If multiple youth associations have been made and the primary adult needs to be switched, please contact

  • How do I purchase a youth license from my account using Associations?

    If you already have a youth associated with your account (see above), you can purchase licenses, submit a request for HIP, edit their profile, and CheckIN game on their behalf. Click “ACT AS” for the appropriate associated youth under YOUTH ASSOCIATIONS on the upper right-hand side of your Dashboard. The page will reload and open the youth’s Dashboard.

    Click the Red associate name button to switch back to act as yourself.

    Red Button

  • Can I buy stamps without purchasing a hunting or fishing license if I already have one?

    Yes. If you already bought a hunting or fishing license elsewhere, you may still purchase a gamebird habitat, migratory waterfowl or trout/salmon stamp privilege.


  • Do I need a printer in order to buy an online license?

    No. You are not required to carry a printed copy of your license. An electronic copy is valid; it is advised that you print a paper copy for your records. You must carry an official electronic or printed copy. No license or stamps will be mailed to you.

  • Since the license is purchased electronically, do I still need to carry it?

    Yes. You will need to carry your electronic or printed license with you when fishing, hunting or trapping.

  • Will my license print on tear-resistant or waterproof paper?

    Your license will print on the paper that is loaded into your printer. You may make additional copies of the license. You can reprint for free at any time using the online license system.

  • How do I reprint my license?

    You can reprint your license for free at any time from the system. Your active licenses will be displayed. View the license and select print. For your convenience, all current active licenses will print on one page.

  • Are sample temporary transportation tags available online?

    Download sample transportation deer and turkey and print before going into the field. The use of this sample tag is not required, but a piece of paper is required to tag your deer or turkey before taking it to the check station or using CheckIN Game. The piece of paper must contain the hunter’s name, address, license number of the person who took the animal (if applicable), sex of the deer or turkey, and date (month and day) the deer or turkey was killed. This will also serve as your permanent tag once the confirmation number is recorded on it.


  • Are there additional fees for buying licenses online?

    There is a $1 fee to cover maintenance of the system. There is an additional $1 plus 1.99% credit card company fee for each transaction.

  • What type of credit cards are accepted?

    Visa, MasterCard and Discover are all accepted. American Express is not.

  • Is the system secure?

    Yes. When you begin your purchase, the web browser and server establish a secure connection through an SSL (Secure Socket Layer). All entered data, such as personal information, purchase information, and credit card information is encrypted. You should see "https" instead of "http" in the browser's location/address bar and a locked padlock either near the URL or at the bottom of the browser in the status bar. VeriSign certifies the Indiana online license system.

  • What if I make a mistake after I buy my license?

    No refunds will be made. Please make your license choices carefully.

  • Why was my credit card declined?

    Review all your information for accuracy and try again. If the system states your credit card has expired when it has not, check your computer’s clock and adjust if incorrect. You may have been declined due to a network communication problem. You may get through if you try again. The credit card processor may also decline a transaction request for fraud protection. If your card continues to be declined, report the problem to your credit card issuer.

  • Whom do I contact if I have problems with my transaction?

    If you have problems with your transaction, contact the DNR at or at 317-232-4200. If you have questions about Indiana hunting, fishing or trapping regulations, visit the DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife web site.

Gift certificates and donations

  • I purchased a gift certificate, why didn't I get an email message?

    Check your email spam or junk mail folder. An email will be sent to the address on file with both the gift certificate ID and validation number needed to redeem it.

  • How do I redeem a gift certificate?

    You will need the gift certificate number and the validation number found in the email receipt from the purchase. When a gift certificate is redeemed, the balance is added to your account balance. This redemption can be done when you VIEW CART or from MY PROFILE. When you COMPLETE CHECKOUT from your shopping cart, the balance remaining from the gift certificate is displayed, and you will be able to apply that balance to your purchase. Gift certificates can only be used to purchase licenses. Gift certificates can only be redeemed through the online licensing system or at a DNR property.

  • How do I make a donation?

    You can make a one-time donation without creating an online account by selecting SHOP in the top right-hand corner of the screen. You will be required to provide an email address for your receipt. If you’re already a customer, click SHOP and then LOGIN to your account. Then select the DONATIONS button on the right-hand side of your screen.

Registering to become an Organ Donor

 Upcoming Events

More Events

 Top FAQs