Close Menu

Customer Service Center & FAQ

The Customer Service Center offers DNR licenses, permits and maps. The center is at 402 West Washington Street, Room W160A in Indianapolis and is open 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 317-232-4200 or 877-463-6367. Email: CSCinquiry@dnr.IN.gov





  • How do I purchase a youth hunting license?

    A youth hunting license may be purchased on the DNR Web site. As you go through the process, the youth hunting licenses can be found under the “Combo” category. If you are needing to obtain an apprentice youth license, choose the "Apprentice" category. You may also obtain a youth hunting license by contacting DNR’s Customer Service Center at 317-232-4200 or toll-free at 877-463-6367.

  • I have lost my hunting/fishing license. How do I get a replacement?

    Replacement licenses may be obtained at a cost of $3 online or by calling DNR’s Customer Service Center at 317-232-4200 or toll-free at 877-463-6367.

  • I bought a license for the wrong year. Can I get a refund?

    No, refunds are not available on incorrectly purchased licenses.

    Licenses issued by the DNR may be revoked at the discretion of a court upon conviction of fish and wildlife law violations, or at the discretion of the department for non-compliance with conditions under which licenses are issued.

    Equipment such as guns and vehicles used in violation of fish and wildlife laws may be seized for evidence, and upon conviction, confiscated at the discretion of the court.

  • Can I purchase a lifetime license?

    No, but existing lifetime licenses are still valid. DNR is no longer selling new lifetime licenses.

  • What do lifetime licenses cover?

    Lifetime comprehensive hunting and fishing licenses cover all Indiana hunting and fishing licenses and stamps.

  • What if my lifetime license is lost, stolen or destroyed?

    If your license is lost, stolen or destroyed, you should notify the DNR immediately. A lifetime license affidavit  for replacement can be found online; you can also contact us with all inquiries at lifetimelicense@dnr.IN.gov or you can call us at 317-232-4200. Application must be mailed to the address on application. Faxed or emailed copies are not accepted. Form must be notarized. Affidavits that are not notarized will be returned. Upon the return of the affidavit, we will issue a replacement license. There is no cost for the replacement.

  • Does someone under the age of 18 or over the age of 65 need to purchase a fishing or hunting license?

    A hunting license is not required for an individual who is less than 13 years old, does not possess a bow or firearm, and who is accompanied by a person who is at least 18 years of age and holds a valid hunting license. However, children age 17 and younger who will possess a bow or firearm or will not be accompanied by a person over the age of 18 must obtain a youth hunting license, unless hunting during the free youth hunting days designated by the director each fall. Children who are nonresidents and under the age of 18 may purchase a resident youth hunting license if the child has a parent, grandparent or legal guardian who is a resident of Indiana. Hunters age 65 or older must obtain the appropriate hunting license.

    A fishing license and trout and salmon stamp are NOT required for individuals under the age of 18 or for Indiana residents who were born before April 1, 1943. Anglers born before April 1, 1943 should carry their driver’s license or other identification verifying their age and residency. For more information on license requirements, visit DNR’s Division of Fish & Wildlife.

  • Do I need a license to hunt on my property?

    If you meet the following exemptions, then you do not need a license to hunt your own property. Exemptions: Landowners or lessees of farmland who farm that land and are residents of Indiana are not required to obtain a permit while hunting, fishing, or trapping on the land they own or lease. A license is also NOT required for the landowner’s or lessee’s spouse or children living with them. This license exemption does not apply to land owned by a business, corporation or partnership unless the shareholders, partners, members or owners are comprised solely of the members of an immediate family who farm that land.

  • What sort of documentation do I need to apply for a Nursery Dealer’s license?

    Information on how to obtain a Nursery Dealer’s license may be found on the Division of Entomology & Plant Pathology web page. The Nursery Dealer’s license annual fee is $50. The fee must be submitted with your application.