DLGF Website Navigation Links
Indiana and Administrative Code
- Budgets, Tax Rate and Tax Levies IC 6-1.1-17
- General Procedures for Property Tax Collection IC 6-1.1-22
Reference Graphics and Slides
The Assessment to Property Tax Billing system works similar to a relay race. Each individual in the race is responsible for a leg, and if one falls behind in the race to the finish, those who follow must work harder to catch up to win the race. In the same way, local and state officials must work together, passing the baton from one office to the other to achieve timely billing. When there are delays in the process, the subsequent responsibilities must be completed in a shortened time frame to maintain on-time billing.
This graphic shows the detailed flow of responsibilities and the statutory citations associated with each step in the process.
- Association of Indiana Conservancy Districts: http://aicd.info/
- Association of Indiana Solid Waste Management Districts: http://www.aiswmd.org/
- Indiana Library Federation: http://www.ilfonline.org/