Legislation and Administrative Rules
- 2022 General Assembly DFI Legislation of Interest (eff. July 2022)
- 2021 General Assembly DFI Legislation of Interest (eff. July 2021)
- Emergency Rule 750 IAC 1-1-1 Amends 750 IAC 1-1-1(c) to change the bankruptcy dollar amount exemptions and revises the description of one of the exemptions (filed with IR as LSA Document #22-37(E) on February 11, 2022; posted by LSA on February 16, 2022; eff. March 1, 2022).
- Emergency Rule 750 IAC 1-1-1 Amends 750 IAC 1-1-1(a) to Change the Dollar Amounts in the Uniform Credit Code (filed with IR as LSA Document #20-549(E) on Oct. 15, 2020; posted by LSA on Oct. 21, 2020; eff. January 1, 2021).
- 2020 General Assembly DFI Legislation of Interest (eff. July 2020)
- 2019 General Assembly DFI Legislation of Interest (eff. July 2019)
- CPAP Advisory- June 21, 2019
- 2018 General Assembly DFI Legislation of Interest (eff. July 2018)
- 2018 Legislative Changes - Consumer Credit Q&A
- 2018-01_Lease to Own
- Emergency Rule 750 IAC 1-1-1 Dollar Amounts in the Consumer Credit Code, Home Loan Practices, and Bankruptcy Exemptions (eff. July 1, 2018)
- Summary of Law Changes (eff. July 1, 2014)
- Questions & Answers - 2013 Law Changes
Case law and Administrative Interpretations
Public Records Requests
A significant amount of information held by DFI is publicly available on our website through online services. In addition, NMLS Consumer Access provides significant information concerning various financial services providers doing business in Indiana, including: debt management companies, mortgage lending, money transmitters, and mortgage loan originators.
All requests for public records should be made in compliance with the Indiana Access to Public Records Act (Ind. Code § 5-14-1.5). The Indiana Public Access Counselor has provided a helpful handbook which gives an overview of the applicable law, and includes a sample public records request letter.
All public records requests to DFI should conform to Indiana law and the guidance provided in the above referenced handbook. Electronic requests may be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to: Indiana Department of Financial Institutions, attn.: Legal Department, 30 S. Meridian Street, Ste. 300; Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- Title 28: The Indiana Financial Institutions Act
- Ind. Code 28-7-1: Credit Unions
- Ind. Code 30-4: Trust Code
- Ind. Code 29: Probate
Consumer Credit Division
- Ind. Code 24-4.4: First Lien Mortgage Lending Act
- 750 Ind. Admin. Code 9: Mortgage Lenders & Originators
- Ind. Code 24-4.5 - The Indiana Uniform Consumer Credit Code (IUCCC)
- 750 Ind. Admin. Code 1-1-1: UCCC Current Dollar Adjustments
- Ind. Code 24-7: Rental Purchase Agreement Act
- Ind. Code 24-12: Civil Proceeding Advance Payments ("CPAP") Act
- Ind. Code 28-1-29: Debt Management Companies
- Ind. Code 28-7-5: Pawnbroking Law
- Ind. Code 28-8-4: Money Transmitters
- Ind. Code 28-8-5: Cashing Checks