Language Translation
  Close Menu

Where do I file my complaint

Your complaint should be filed with the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions if it involves an entity currently chartered, licensed, or registered with our agency or required to be chartered, licensed, or registered with our agency. We cannot investigate complaints currently involved in legal action. A list of all currently chartered, licensed, or registered entities with our agency is available in our license look-up.

For entities not chartered, licensed, or registered with our agency, please review the list below to find the appropriate agency to file your complaint with. If your complaint involves a:

National Bank, Federal Savings and Loan, or Federal Savings Bank contact the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).

Federal Credit Union contact the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).

Loan Servicer or Online Payday Lender contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).

Fair Credit Reporting Issue or other Credit Reporting Issues contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

Loan Broker, Collection Agency, or Securities Company contact the Indiana Secretary of State (SOS).

Deceptive Business Practice, Identity Theft, or Consumer Protection Law Violation contact the Indiana Office of the Attorney General (AG).

Cyber Crime contact a local law enforcement agency and review the steps for to reporting a cyber crime to enforcement.