DCS guidance for various programs and stakeholders regarding COVID-19
A message from DCS Director Terry Stigdon, MSN, RN
DCS continues to issue news and update guidance to program partners and stakeholders regarding many of the programs it oversees as our state responds to the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are links to current guidance:
- Anyone having trouble obtaining enough food for themselves or their families should call 2-1-1 for help.
- Families with children who receive free or reduced-cost lunches at school qualify for a new Pandemic EBT program.
- Caring for a child exposed to COVID-19
- Severe illness and multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children
- Purchase personal protective equipment from Indiana Correctional Industries
- COVID-19: DCS provider Q&As (updated 5/27/20)
- COVID-19 Field Update (5/22/20)
- COVID-19 Field Update (5/1/20)
- COVID-19 Field Update (3/20/20)
- COVID-19 Staff Reminders (5/1/20)
- Foster Care: Visit IndianaFosterCare.org for COVID-19 updates.
- Child and Family Team Meetings with COVID-19 Restrictions
- Indiana Code 29-3-3-7(c) requires the document appointing a standby guardian to be notarized. Pursuant to Section 4 of Executive Order 20-19, dated April 3, 2020, the requirement for the appointment to be notarized is modified to, instead, be witnessed by a single person. This summary and guidance is hereby published consistent with Section C of Executive Order 20-05.
- 465 IAC 2-1.5-19 requires, in part, a foster parent to schedule a child to be examined by a physician within 10 days of admission to the foster family home, except under certain circumstances. Pursuant to Section 13(B) of Executive Order 20-05, dated March 19, 2020, the Indiana Department of Child Services will be modifying this 10-day requirement to a 45-day requirement. DCS will be following up and prioritizing as much as we can to work towards fulfilling this requirement. This summary and guidance is hereby published in accordance with Section C of Executive Order 20-05.
- All foster parent trainings will be conducted via Microsoft Teams until further notice.
- Older Youth Initiatives:
- Resources for parents and caregivers
- Community Partners for Child Safety provides a secondary child abuse prevention service that can be delivered in every region in the state. Click here for the list of providers.
- Kids' Voice of Indiana Resources
- Youth First: Talking to Your Children about the Coronavirus
- The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) resources designed to support educators, parents, and anyone who works with children: SEL Resources During COVID-19
- Marion County Commission on Youth (MCCOY) resources for young people and their families: Making Connections During Social Distancing
- Administration for Children and Families hotlines/helplines:
- Child Support Payments: DCS continues to process child support payments in a timely manner. Cash payments at county clerks' offices might be impacted by restricted access or closure.
- For DCS providers: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Indiana State Department of Health COVID-19 homepage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 information and resources
- COVID-19 frequently asked questions
- Cleaning and handwashing resources
- Indiana Department of Education e-learning resources
- Indiana judicial branch COVID-19 responses and resources
- Children's Bureau COVID-19 resources page
- Parenting-time guidance for trial court judges
- Fingerprint location closures and updates to locations (updated 5/27/20)