DCS guidance for various programs and stakeholders regarding COVID-19
DCS continues to issue news and update guidance to program partners and stakeholders regarding many of the programs it oversees as our state responds to the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are links to current guidance:
- Anyone having trouble obtaining enough food for themselves or their families should call 2-1-1 for help.
- COVID-19: DCS provider Q&As (updated 4/2/20)
- DCS Field Staff Guidance
- Foster Care: Visit IndianaFosterCare.org for COVID-19 updates.
- 465 IAC 2-1.5-19 requires, in part, a foster parent to schedule a child to be examined by a physician within 10 days of admission to the foster family home, except under certain circumstances. Pursuant to Section 13(B) of Executive Order 20-05, dated March 19, 2020, the Indiana Department of Child Services will be modifying this 10-day requirement to a 45-day requirement. DCS will be following up and prioritizing as much as we can to work towards fulfilling this requirement. This summary and guidance is hereby published in accordance with Section C of Executive Order 20-05.
- All foster parent trainings will be conducted via Zoom until further notice.
- Resources for parents and caregivers
- Kids' Voice of Indiana Resources
- Youth First: Talking to Your Children about the Coronavirus
- The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) resources designed to support educators, parents, and anyone who works with children: SEL Resources During COVID-19
- Marion County Commission on Youth (MCCOY) resources for young people and their families: Making Connections During Social Distancing
Child Support Payments: DCS continues to process child support payments in a timely manner. Cash payments at county clerks' offices might be impacted by restricted access or closure. Visit the child support homepage for more information.
- Indiana State Department of Health COVID-19 homepage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 information and resources
- COVID-19 frequently asked questions
- Cleaning and handwashing resources
- Indiana Department of Education e-learning resources
- Indiana judicial branch COVID-19 responses and resources
- Children's Bureau COVID-19 resources page
- Finger Print Location Closures and Updates to Locations (updated 4/3/20)