- Covington-Veedersburg District Public Library Card
- Non-Resident Card (Out-of-Township Card)
- PLAC (Public Library Access Card)
- Reciprocal Agreement Card
Registration (users age 18 or more)
An applicant for a CVPL Evergreen Indiana library card must present the required Proper Identification in person at either the Covington or Veedersburg Public Library. Owners of property within the CVPL library district who do not reside in Indiana will be required to show proof of real property ownership, such as a tax bill or deed.
Proper Identification must be presented to apply for an Evergreen Indiana library card. Recommended options for Proper Identification is one of the following, provided the item is a photo ID: Examples of acceptable verification of identity and address:
- valid Indiana Driver's License
- valid Indiana State Identification
- valid U.S. or other Government issued Identification (e.g., passport, military ID, permanent resident card issued by Department of Homeland Security or Immigration Services)
- valid Identification from another State (e.g., Driver's License)
- valid current university or college identification with photo
If the presented Photo Identification does not display a current address located within the library district, the applicant must also present one item from the Proof of Residency List to establish residency. The ID presented from the Proof of Residency List must include a current address:
- computer generated bank statement issued in applicant's name within the last 30 days
- computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant's name within the last 30 days
- Medicaid or Medicare benefit statement issued in the applicant's name within the last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (a P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- apartment lease signed within the last 30 days
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant's name
In the case that the card is being issued to a sponsored minor, the sponsoring adult's identification information should be presented and entered into the patron record when creating the minor's record.
Registration of Minors
Note: Children are eligible to receive a library card on or after their fourth birthday.
DEFINITION: For library registration purposes, "minor" is defined as anyone under 18 years of age.
A parent or guardian must sign the minor's application card at the library. The parent or guardian must present proof of residence within the library district to obtain the card at no charge.
Educational Library Card for Students / Teachers Living Out of the Library District
Public school students who reside outside the library district of Troy and VanBuren Townships, but who attend school at either the Covington Community School Corporation or the Southeast Fountain School Corporation are eligible to receive a Student Library Card at no charge. In addition, non-resident students enrolled in a non-public school which is located at least in part in the library district are entitled to a free student card. The Educational Library Card is specifically allowed by Indiana law IC 36-12-2-25(d) and P.L.1-2005, SEC. 49, and by a determination by the Covington-Veedersburg Public Library Board of Trustees. Non-Resident teachers and teacher's aides employed by public or private schools within the CVPL library district are also eligible for a free educational library card.The Educational library card is a blue Evergreen Indiana card. Access is limited to Covington-Veedersburg Public Library materials.
Junior Library Card
If minors under the age of 18 and meeting the qualifications for either a Resident or Student library card are unable to secure an adult sponsor to cover their fiscal liabilities, the Board of Trustees of the Covington-Veedersburg Public Library district allows the library to issue a Junior library card upon request. The Junior library card is a blue Evergreen Indiana card. Access is limited to Covington-Veedersburg Public Library materials. A limit of three items may be checked out concurrently. Prospective patrons of this type must provide proof of school attendance at a qualifying local school. Lost or damaged items will render the card inactive until the items are returned or paid for. One instance of a lost or damaged item may be forgiven by CVPL management per calendar year at their discretion.
Find out if you live within the Library District by using the Evergreen Indiana address eligibility map.
Non-Residents may have a Covington-Veedersburg Public Library Card, valid for one year at a time, by paying a non-resident fee of $63.00 per year. This entitles the patron to a green Evergreen Indiana library card which allows full access to Evergreen Indiana library materials.
A Public Library Access Card must be purchased at a person's local library. The charge is $65.00 per year. This is an individual card for use only by the cardholder. Cards expire after 1 year.
The name of a patron's local library must be listed on our reciprocal agreement sheet. The patron must have a current library card at the local library. The patron must be in good standing with the patron's local library. This entitles the patron to a blue Evergreen Indiana library card which allows access to only those materials owned by the Covington-Veedersburg Public Library.