White County Treasurers Office
Welcome to the White County Treasurer's Office. We are located on the First Floor of the White County Government Center at 110 N Main Street, Monticello, Indiana 47960. Office hours are from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday (closed on holidays).
Contact: Barbara Nydegger
We are asking you to make your Property Tax Payments as follows:
TO PRINT A COPY OF TAX BILL:
PAYING YOUR TAX BILL (STATEMENT):
- By mail – If you would like a receipt, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope and we will mail it to you.
- By dropping it off in the Treasurer’s Drop Box. Attached to the building just to the right of the West (Illinois Street) doors.
You can pay at several local banks with your tax coupons.
- Alliance Bank
- Bank of Wolcott
- First Merchants
- Fountain Trust
- State Bank of Burnettsville
Through the County Website: www.whitecountyin.us Pay Property Taxes There is NO convenience fee charged.
EMAIL ADDRESS IS REQUIRED FOR CONFIRMATION OF SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT (CONFIRMATION EMAIL WILL NOT BE RECEIVED IMMEDIATELY). YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION ON THIS SITE
- The White County Treasurer's duties include:
- Custodian of all county monies
- Tax Collector (real estate, personal property, mobile home, drainage maintenance, reconstruction, inheritance tax, personal property tax judgments, sewer & weed liens, & innkeepers tax)
- Secretary of the White County Board of Finance
- Secretary/Treasurer of the White County Innkeepers Tax Board
- Issuing Mobile Home moving & title permits
- Issuing Alcoholic Beverage Permits
- Managing mortgage escrow accounts
- Conducting tax sales (usually one sale per year, in the fall; list may be purchased in late summer by contacting the White County Auditor)
- A Over age 65 V Veteran
- B Blind W Real-Era
- D Disabled X Per-Resc
- G Government Y Per-Era
- H Homestead Z Real-Rehab
- M Mortgage
- N Non-taxable
- You must file for these deductions with the AuditorHomestead deduction is also available and must be filed for with the Auditor.
- HOW YOUR TAXES ARE DETERMINED
- Local government (cities, towns, schools, libraries, etc) set their budget
- Assessors determine value of property
- Auditor submits abstract to the state
- State determines the tax rate
- Treasurer collects the tax
- WHERE YOUR TAX DOLLARS GO (approximate figures only)
- STATE 0.5%
- COUNTY 19.0%
- TOWNSHIP 1.5%
- SCHOOL 67.0%
- LIBRARY 3.0%
- TOWN 9.0%