The Harrison County Treasurer is responsible for collecting property tax payments twice per year and other tax payments such as personal property taxes. The department also coordinates the county's annual tax sale.
- Pay In Person - Payments can be made by cash, check, money order, cashier's check, or credit card. Payments are accepted by phone, online, or with a certified check or credit card in the Treasurer's office. The Treasurer's Office is located in the Harrison County Government Center at 245 Atwood Street NE Suite 213, Corydon, IN 47112. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (holidays excluded).
- Payment by Mail - Mailed payments must have a postal service postmark on or before the due date to avoid a late payment penalty fee. If you need a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
- Payments on-line or in-person at the Treasurer's Office - Credit Cards may also be used when making a payment in the Treasurer's Office. A nominal convenience fee of 2.65% will be charged for this service.
- Payments by Phone - Call 812-472-5098.
Pay Taxes Online -Service Is Now Available! Click the button to be taken to a third-party website to pay your property taxes online!
Personal Property Taxes:
The Harrison County Treasurer's office mails late notices for personal property taxes after July 1, every year. If taxes have not been paid after 30 days then the amounts are certified to the Harrison County Circuit Court Clerk as liens. The delinquent tax amount then accrues interest until the date that it is paid in full.
Harrison County Annual Tax Sale:
The Harrison County Tax Sale occurs in the Commissioner's Room on the first floor of the Harrison County Government Building located at 245 Atwood Street NE, Corydon, IN 47112. Eligible tax sale properties will be certified every year on July 1st, and after this date, interested parties can go to the SRI website for a list of certified properties.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much will the penalty be if my payment is late?
The penalty will be in the amount of 5% of the unpaid tax IF the installment is completely paid on or before thirty (30) days after the due date AND you are not liable for delinquent property taxes (as defined by IC 6-1.1.1) first due and payable in a previous installment for the same parcel. Otherwise, the penalty will be in the amount of 10% of the unpaid tax.
- Where can I go for help with my taxes?
There are several resources available to you to assist you with information concerning you taxes.
- The Assessor determines the appropriate assessed value for your property. If you feel your tax bill is too high due to an incorrect assessed value please contact the Harrison County Assessor's Office.
- The Auditor can provide county taxpayers with a list of deductions that can be filed with their office to reduce the overall property tax burden. Deductions include Homestead Credit, Age 65, Veteran's, and disability.
- The Treasurer accepts payment for all types of county tax payments. If you have questions regarding paying your tax bill contact the Treasurer's Office.
- Can I make partial payments?
We will take any payment in any amount that you want to apply on your parcel. (parcels that have a tax sale lien are not eligible for partial payments.) if you wish to make a partial payment simply mail or bring your payment to the Harrison County Treasurer's office. If you are mailing your payment, please be sure to indicate the parcel number in the memo-portion of your check so that your payment will be properly applied.
- I purchased a parcel that is part of a split, who do I contact for tax information?
You need to contact the assessor and auditor's offices for values and taxes.
- When does property become eligible for tax sale?
If the spring installment or any portion of it is delinquent from the previous year the property then becomes eligible for tax sale.
- Who do I contact regarding a sheriff's sale?
Harrison County Sheriff's Sales are listed by SRI Incorporated. Click here view their website for listing details.
Harrison County Treasurer
245 Atwood St NE, Suite 213
Corydon, IN 47112
Phone: (812) 738-2348
Fax: (812) 738-8788
Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm | Monday - Friday
Christa Day - Treasurer