ICJI works to improve and enhance Indiana justice policy, planning, and programs through basic research and program evaluation. We do this by:
- Guiding statewide justice policy and planning initiatives with research-based data and information
- Conducting justice research
- Evaluating justice programs
- Developing justice information systems and research databases
- Disseminating justice information to the public
- Serving as Indiana’s Statistical Analysis Center (SAC).
The SAC's primary mission is compiling, analyzing, and disseminating data on a variety of criminal justice and public safety-related topics. The information produced by the SAC serves a vital role in effectively managing, planning, and creating policy for the state's many public service endeavors. Visit the Justice Research and Statistics Association for further details.